Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

FREE SHIPPING on Orders Over $50!!! [EXPIRED]

From today until Monday (3/23), we're offering FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50!!! This is your best chance to get that big order filled!! Order now while the offer lasts!! B)

• Like 1

I'm waiting, I'm waiting, ...  Ok, I'll put the dialogue in...

Person 1: Will it still be offered on Tuesday?

Person 2: But Renee hates me, she'll find a way to charge me anyway...

Person 3: Does it apply on the order I got free three days ago?

:lol:

• Like 2

Thanks for covering that, Rick. As for the answers, they are as follows:

1: No.

2: (Rolls eyes at Vakko)

3: No.

:lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Grawr. I ordered a big order 2 days ago lol. Smh. Gf will shoot me if i dipped in my savings account. Maybe next time

LOL I have 4 recipes waiting to be made this weekend.  I haven't even considered what are my next SIX batches going to be...

Oh wait... I forgot.  I have 2 dozen recipes saved on my wish list on MrB.  Nevermind.

I think I will be ordering 2 more LBKs...  B)

• Like 3

From today until Monday (3/23), we're offering FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50!!! This is your best chance to get that big order filled!! Order now while the offer lasts!! B)

All these frequent specials just keep the pipeline going.  This weekend I'll need to re-spend the $111 from the St. Patricks contest.

• Like 2

All these frequent specials just keep the pipeline going.  This weekend I'll need to re-spend the $111 from the St. Patricks contest.

Reworded - Yo!  I bought $111 worth of stuff and got it for FREE, so I'm going to spend that money now!  Yowsah!  Fashizzle!

• Like 3

Reworded - Yo!  I bought $111 worth of stuff and got it for FREE, so I'm going to spend that money now!  Yowsah!  Fashizzle!

Done spent again.  I just ordered the following ($114.43)

(1) That Voodoo That You Do

(2) Saazquatch Imperial Pilsner

(3) Camilla's Folly

(4) 1 Packet of Booster (I realized that I can add 1 packet of Booster to my Mexican Cerveza deluxe refill to get the Chug-a-Lugger recipe.)

• Like 2

Over 700 "Likes" and growing - either I'm spewing good stuff or people think they'll get paid for their likes    :lol:

I wouldn't brag too much about this.  You have 777 likes and 4,564 posts which is 0.170 likes/post.  In comparison I have 93 likes and 279 posts for 0.333 likes/post.  People like me almost twice as much as they like you.

• Like 3

I wouldn't brag too much about this.  You have 777 likes and 4,564 posts which is 0.170 likes/post.  In comparison I have 93 likes and 279 posts for 0.333 likes/post.  People like me almost twice as much as they like you.

I have you both beat. ;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't brag too much about this. You have 777 likes and 4,564 posts which is 0.170 likes/post. In comparison I have 93 likes and 279 posts for 0.333 likes/post. People like me almost twice as much as they like you.

Haters will hate... LOL. I think 3,000 of those posts were before Likes existed, so that would be 50%... I gave you another one.

1.4 avg posts a day since you joined. Getting there... :)

• Like 3

Just placed my new order with Mr. Beer. I decided to take a certain matter into my own hands. This will be my third order from Mr. Beer along with two others from independent retailers. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Haters will hate... LOL. I think 3,000 of those posts were before Likes existed, so that would be 50%... I gave you another one.

1.4 avg posts a day since you joined. Getting there... :)

I just gave you a charity "like" since I feel sorry for your overall rate.  And don't try to tell us how bad it was before "likes."  Next you'll tell us you had to walk 10 miles to school in the snow every day.

• Like 2

will the free shipping count for canadian orders as well?

• Like 1

I just gave you a charity "like" since I feel sorry for your overall rate.  And don't try to tell us how bad it was before "likes."  Next you'll tell us you had to walk 10 miles to school in the snow every day.

LOL. The forum did get very broken at one point and people left in droves, with little activity until it was fixed last year. Like walking to school in deep s&i*.

Bad? no, but agreeing with someone meant you had to post at least a +1, instead of just liking...artificially jacked up the post count. Probably 2-300 (+1) posts in mine.

OK, you got me.  With all the craft refills on sale as well as free shipping, I was able to get one can each of Diablo, Bewitched, and Northwest and some hops for just a bit over $50 ... thanks for feeding the addiction!

• Like 1

I also stocked up.

I got the Belgian Spiced, more PET bottle caps, Golden One Belgian Blonde from Anthem Brewing - Collaboration Recipe and  Bavarian Weissbier. 

My local Total Wine only had the American Light/ Patriot Lager combo for refills on the shelf. A little dated but good value at $19.99 for the 2 cans

:o BTW the home page shows a higher sale price for the craft beers series than shows on the actual refill page.

Mr B might want to fix that and sell more.

• Like 1

:o BTW the home page shows a higher sale price for the craft beers series than shows on the actual refill page.

Mr B might want to fix that and sell more.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Wait a second!!!

Why is the refill less than the ingredient?

Diablo IPA Craft Refill

Regular Price$21.95 
Sale Price$17.56

Diablo IPA HME

Regular Price$20.95 
Sale Price$18.99

It is cheaper, right now, to buy a Craft can with yeast AND sanitizer then it is to buy it without sanitizer. Vakko is questioning how this makes sense.

Ummm.... they're BOTH on sale.

The question is:  why is it cheaper to buy sanitizer and a refill than without?

It seems like Mr.B is trying to get rid of the sanitizer...

It is marketing, you cannot argue with marketing strategy, the strategy is inscrutable.

Like when you go to the supermarket and the large packet costs more per lb than the small packet.

No normal logic to it. Just marketing strategy. Marketing works in strange and mysterious ways.

But - I ask you  - does it make you buy more - Yes!

Inscrutable.

It is marketing, you cannot argue with marketing strategy, the strategy is inscrutable.

Like when you go to the supermarket and the large packet costs more per lb than the small packet.

No normal logic to it. Just marketing strategy. Marketing works in strange and mysterious ways.

But - I ask you  - does it make you buy more - Yes!

Inscrutable.

Inconceivable!

• Like 1

You probably won't get anywhere questioning the cost inconsistency.

Several years ago, the cafeteria at work sold 2 different sized hamburgers (1/4 lb. patty & 1/3 lb. patty).  If you wanted it to be a cheeseburger, it cost $0.25 more for the 1/4 lb. and $0.50 more for the 1/3 lb.  Yet, it was the exact same single piece of cheese.  I got nowhere questioning the sense there.

Now that I have empty LBKs, my son decided it was time for him to develop the addiction... Today he bought two deluxe refills  and the Belgian Spiced Ale.  He also picked up a hydrometer that I hope he'll let the old man use when it comes time for me to reorder... He bought a bench bottle capper (Super Agata Bench Capper) and some caps... I have 40 empty, clean bottles in inventory. Maybe I can trade some bottles for the use of the hydrometer :)

LOL I have 4 recipes waiting to be made this weekend.  I haven't even considered what are my next SIX batches going to be...

Oh wait... I forgot.  I have 2 dozen recipes saved on my wish list on MrB.  Nevermind.

I think I will be ordering 2 more LBKs...  B)...............I hear ya vaddko, I may just go to sears and buy up their left over kits, bcuz i'm in need of more lbk's

• Like 1

I went ahead and got the California dreaming recipe, and the spring release dorkmonger or whatever its called, still waiting to do a cherry porter and chamay blue when lbk is freed up

sweetening the pot

Did you ever try and book a direct flight to fly from A to B, then realize if you drive in the wrong direction to airport C, it's cheaper to fly from C to A then B? There are things in life that just don't make sense.

• Like 1

JoshB. told me it was an error that they had to fix.  Everything is all good now.

Oh yea they fixed it, but I'm sure it's not how any of us wanted it to be fixed. The refills are now $19.99, well at least they aren't less than just the can.  :huh:  :(  :angry:

You guys have to extend the free shipping offers to Canada!  Come on, it's hard enough to source Mr. Beer supplies north of the 49th.  I know I am not the only brewer in the Great White North... throw us a bone!

therealwesty, check your inbox here in the forums. ;)

• Like 1

You guys have to extend the free shipping offers to Canada!  Come on, it's hard enough to source Mr. Beer supplies north of the 49th.  I know I am not the only brewer in the Great White North... throw us a bone!

Do you have any family members across the border in the U.S.?  Friends across the border in the U.S.?  What you need is someone across the border in the US who can receive Mr. Beer shipments for you.  Then periodically you drive over and pick them up.

Plus one.

This summer I went as far as sending a shipment to my to-be-father-in-law at his condo in Florida to drive back for me.

That's how much I wanted to get more refills.

We are currently working on building relationships with more retailers in Canada so we can get our products in more stores there. We will update our Store Locator as new retailers are added.

I have $58 in my subtotal before tax or shipping and im still getting charged shipping? Is there some secret? I'm signed in, I have over $50... Sometimes I feel so challenged

I've updated the title to prevent people from thinking this is still a thing. Sorry for the confusion, guys. :(

• Like 1