Mr.Beer Community
kdjc

903 sugar on top

I love this beer!!!! It has only been in the bottle 2 weeks and is outstanding.You get a very nice lemon hit just from opening the bottle. excellant head retention that never went away and great lacing. I will make this beer over and over. I just need the ingredent list again to order again, Mr. Beer has really stepped up their game over the last few months. I didnt order any of the Rocket Brewery recipes and now I wish I had. Hope everyone that bought this recipe enjoys it as much as I do. Cheers

• Like 3

I agree, I love mine too. I actually think its better very fresh, I seem to be losing a bit of the citra hop aroma. I'm trying to figure out how to replicate it now as a five gallon recipe.

After reading this, I decided to open one of mine. Only in the bottle for two weeks, but, WOW! Great aroma, great taste. Bitter with a sweet follow-up. I will be making this again, no doubt about it.

20150329_204637_zpsmnlsvdxf.jpg

• Like 1

Sadly it's a limited time brew. I'm doing 5 gallon now, if they added it as a five gallon I'd be all over it again

You can still buy the separate ingredients see my link above. Just in case:

1 Can Northwest Pale Ale HME
1 Packet Dry Brewing Yeast (Under lid of HME)
1 Packet Safale US-05 Dry Yeast
1 BrewMax DME Softpack - Smooth
1 1/2 oz. Packet Nugget Pellet Hops
1 1/2 oz. Packet Citra Pellet Hops
2 Muslin Hop Sacks
2 Packet No-Rinse Cleanser

YOU PROVIDE
1 and 1/4 cups Light Brown Sugar

1. Place the contents of Nugget pellet hops packet into the first hop sack, tie it closed, then trim away excess material.
  2. Remove the yeast packet (NOT needed for this recipe) from under the lid of the hopped malt extract (HME) can, then place the unopened HME can in hot tap water. a
  3. Using the measuring cup, pour 6 cups of water into your clean 3-quart or larger pot, then open the DME, and slowly sprinkle in half the DME (100gm) into the pan of cool water and stir to dissolve. Increase your heat to medium-high. Continue stirring constantly to keep the rising foam in check. If it begins to rise, pull the pan off the heat and lower the temperature slightly, continuing to stir until you hit the hot break which is where the foam has subsided and the solution is now safely boiling. Add in your first hop sack,b allow this mixture to simmer on LOW for 30 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Slowly add the other half of the DME and the brown sugar stirring vigorously to avoid clumping.
  4. Open the can of HMEc, pour the contents into the hot mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed. This mixture of unfermented beer is called wort.
  5. Fill keg with refrigerated tap water to the 4-quart mark on the back.d
  6. Pour the wort into the keg, and then bring the volume of the keg to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more cold water. Stir vigorously with the spoon or whisk.e
  7. Sprinkle ONLY the US-05 yeast packet (included in your recipe) into the keg and screw on the lid. Do not stir.
  8. Put your keg in a location with a consistent temperature between 59°and 75° F (15°-24°C), ideally about 68° F (20°C) and out of direct sunlight.f Ferment for 14 days.g
  9. At the 1 week mark, sanitize your second hop sack, place the contents of the Citra pellet hops packet into it, tie the hop sack closed, then trim away excess material.
  10. Open the lid of the fermenter and toss in the hop sack, replace lid. Do not stir. h

• Like 2

Mine has been in the bottles three weeks and can't wait to try it after reading these reviews. This will be in my rotation

suds, I don't think you will be disappointed.  It will be in my rotation now, too.  It's nice to start having some of my own beer ready to drink.

• Like 1

I agree this will be in my beer rotation. I never was a big fan of IPA's but, I really have become a fan of this one.