Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

What Blog Post Topics Would You Find Helpful?

We are always trying to find new and better ways to serve our awesome Mr. Beer community, and recently, we have been ramping up our blog with informational and fun posts. But then I got to thinking... why keep guessing on what topics everyone will find useful? Instead, why not ask?!

So that is what I am doing... If you were to visit our blog, what topics would you find most helpful and/ or interesting? It could be something that was mentioned on the forum and you want more detail on, it could be more advanced brewing information, or it could just be fun posts about beer. It could be anything you want! 

So if you were to visit blog.mrbeer,com, what would you want to read about? Ready... Go! 

• Like 1

I, personally, check Mr. Beer Buzz everyday.

What would I like to see?

1. A weekly historical breakdown of a BJCP style, how it's made, a recommended commercial version, the glass it should be served in, and the recipes on hand that go with it... and food pairings!
  2. A regular brewery spotlight and their highest award winning beer
  3. Virtual tours around either Mr.Beer facility and/or Coopers
  4. Editorials about convincing your neighbor to brew, how craft brew is taking over America, why Mr. Beer is the best and will continue to be so
  5. Tips and tricks on how make your Mr. Beer kit consistently put out professional-tasting beer
  • Like 5

1. A weekly historical breakdown of a BJCP style, how it's made, a recommended commercial version, the glass it should be served in, and the recipes on hand that go with it... and food pairings!
  4. Editorials about convincing your neighbor to brew, how craft brew is taking over America, why Mr. Beer is the best and will continue to be so
  5. Tips and tricks on how make your Mr. Beer kit consistently put out professional-tasting beer

I 100% agree with this.   I would also add, even though I found one in the forums, a break down of how to use and read the hydrometer.  I purchased one but I'm a little put off by it because not sure how to read it properly.  I'm going to give it another try this weekend when I brew my Maibock.   

Thanks 

• Like 1

I 100% agree with this.   I would also add, even though I found one in the forums, a break down of how to use and read the hydrometer.  I purchased one but I'm a little put off by it because not sure how to read it properly.  I'm going to give it another try this weekend when I brew my Maibock.   

Thanks 

This post, with the video I linked to, is as good directions as I've ever seen: http://community.mrbeer.com/topic/32815-hydrometers-and-specific-gravity-101/?hl=hydrometer

• Like 2

We are always trying to find new and better ways to serve our awesome Mr. Beer community, and recently, we have been ramping up our blog with informational and fun posts. But then I got to thinking... why keep guessing on what topics everyone will find useful? Instead, why not ask?!

So that is what I am doing... If you were to visit our blog, what topics would you find most helpful and/ or interesting? It could be something that was mentioned on the forum and you want more detail on, it could be more advanced brewing information, or it could just be fun posts about beer. It could be anything you want! 

So if you were to visit blog.mrbeer,com, what would you want to read about? Ready... Go! 

Baseball season starts in a few weeks.  It would be interesting for a blog to have a list by each of the 30 stadiums what types of beer are available.  It would be interesting to see which teams are locked most into offering the macro brews, which ones provide the most choice and which ones provide the most micro brews.

Personally, I never buy beer at baseball games because I won't pay $8 for a beer anywhere.

• Like 1

Baseball season starts in a few weeks.  It would be interesting for a blog to have a list by each of the 30 stadiums what types of beer are available.  It would be interesting to see which teams are locked most into offering the macro brews, which ones provide the most choice and which ones provide the most micro brews.

Personally, I never buy beer at baseball games because I won't pay $8 for a beer anywhere.

Oriole Park recently (in the last 2-3 years) put National Bohemian (Natty Boh to us Baltimore folk)  on tap for the first time in years and years.  pretty good out of the tap.

I also know that Yankee stadium has a retro beer stand where you can buy a Schlitz among other old forgotten beers.  

Thanks for all the great ideas! We are scheduling in 2 BJCP posts a month moving forward, that will include all the information you requested. I think this will be a great resource for our brewers. We have also discussed a virtual tour of the Mr. Beer office via Livestream here in the future, so we will be sure to get that one done as well. 

• Like 1

Thanks 

We will be scheduling a "How to read a hydrometer" post in April. Thanks for the advice!

This is a fantastic idea. We will be creating this post for the first of April, so keep an eye out! 

• Like 1

Vakko, here is our first BJCP style guideline post. It has tasting notes, history, commercial versions and food pairings. We will be posting a new one every other week! http://blog.mrbeer.com/helles-bock-bjcp-style-overview 

• Like 2

I have another suggestion and this may have already been done.  Sorry if this sounds dumb but it's coming from someone who is 100% brand new to the who brewing beer.  Maybe have a blog on Hops, like what kind of hops should go in a stout or an IPA or whatever. The other thing would be the LME packs to beer.  Like what would happen if I put golden in a stout?    

I'd like to start experimenting on my own but I don't want to buy hops and an LME and come out with a crap beer. 

I have another suggestion and this may have already been done.  Sorry if this sounds dumb but it's coming from someone who is 100% brand new to the who brewing beer.  Maybe have a blog on Hops, like what kind of hops should go in a stout or an IPA or whatever. The other thing would be the LME packs to beer.  Like what would happen if I put golden in a stout?    

I'd like to start experimenting on my own but I don't want to buy hops and an LME and come out with a crap beer. 

Use the Aroma Wheel

• Like 2

Whoa, what kind of sorcery is this!?!

'Tis very nice