Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
woodeneye

One Of My Handiest Pieces Of Equiment

When I first started brewing, I needed a vessel for sanitizing my equipment, for cleaning and sterilizing bottles, and other misellaneous uses throughout the brewing process. I use an auto-siphon for some of my equipment, which is quite cumbersome due to it's length and for my Mr. Beer equipment, I have a bottling wand and hydrometer that I sanitize, as well. As mentioned, bottles were something I particularly needed this for, along with my spatula, long whisk, 13" spoon, measuring cup, funnel, can opener, bottle caps, and measuring spoons. Initially, I used a food safe 2 gallon bucket, as a big kitchen bowl just didn't suit my needs, nor did a deeper pan. So, I was placing an order on Amazon and decided I could find something better to suit my needs. Sure enough, I found just what I needed and I have to say, it works spectacularly for my brewing uses. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039V2G5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's just a simple Sterlite White 12 Quart Dishpan (very spacious) that you would likely be able to find at your Walmart or similar store. It's flat bottomed, easy to clean and clean in, plus - it has all the room you need for your longer items and you can fit several bottles in it at once for sanitizing. It gets used for every phase of brewing. If you can afford $4-5 then you can definitely add this or something similar to your list.

• Like 3

get 1 for $5.49 or get 2 for the sweet deal price of $23.43!

• Like 2

I find the small auto siphon is just right for Mr B kegs.  Used it a couple of times when I had a lot of trub (pumpkin beer).

List price = $107.88!! Wow! That's an expensive tub! Good thing they're on sale for 95% off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is so you get the free shipping on anything over $25 I guess.

For sanitizing, another member liked using wall paper hanging trays as they are nice and long and good for things like tubing, siphons, etc.  I simply use a five gallon pail.

But thanks for the reminder.  I pitched a bunch of tubs like that and wanted to pick a few back out before garbage gets picked up tomorrow.