Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrgreenjeans

Conditioning time

Drinkable conditioning is okay at 3-4 weeks BUT the brews will be so much better once you hit the 6-7 week mark and progressively better longer. I speak only from experience and nothing else. If you have a pipeline going, even better for you to wait. If you don't have a pipeline going, then there are other matters that you need counselled on!!!

Salud and enjoy my Friends

• Like 1

Extra conditioning times are normally required for special recipes.

Some add too much additives while learning and produce a cidery brew that takes extra time to condition.

• Like 1

Drinkable conditioning is okay at 3-4 weeks BUT the brews will be so much better once you hit the 6-7 week mark and progressively better longer. I speak only from experience and nothing else. If you have a pipeline going, even better for you to wait. If you don't have a pipeline going, then there are other matters that you need counselled on!!!

Salud and enjoy my Friends

Lighter colored low alcohol beers (under 5%) such as these tend to peak in flavor after only 4 weeks. Beyond that, they won't really improve much. It's the higher ABV beers that will tend to improve with further conditioning.

• Like 1

4 weeks is a good minimum time. 6-8 weeks is even better. I've had some higher malt brews for much longer, and they were very good.

• Like 2

Agreed Brian,

I am enjoying an oktoberfest that I saturated with adjuncts but hopped it too.

It is like no other commercial beer you can experience.  8 weeks glass bottle conditioned.

• Like 1

Its a matter of personal taste preference IMO. Certain things, like temperatures, can affect the way a beer bottle conditions. I'd crack one open at the 4 week conditioning mark to see what the flavor's like. If it tastes good I'll have another, if not I'll let it sit. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• Like 3

The key is that there will be no difference between those two brews.

• Like 2