Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
MnMBeer

Mr Beer Side affects

Hi Folks,

I have a lot of posts here and learning along the way, It has been a fun journey so far.

Just wondering if anyone new to drinking home made beer from Mr Beer or any other vendor has found a difference in their health.

I get extra musical gas, better prostrate health and bowel movement but what else could benefit from drinking Mr Beer? hmmmm!

Chime in if you notice a difference in your life after drinking home made brew!!!

Cheers

• Like 1

I get more courageous. That could just be the alcohol though...lol.

• Like 7

Boyz @ middle age tend to notice this phenomena.

Green Jeans are welcome

I got bubble guts and cleaned out my pipes the first time I drank it. One time thing.

• Like 1

Boyz @ middle age tend to notice this phenomena.

Green Jeans are welcome

Middle age?  I wish

I got bubble guts and cleaned out my pipes the first time I drank it. One time thing.

It was the yeast. If you start drinking your brews "mit hefe"(with yeast) it'll come back for a few days.

the extra fizziness makes the alcohol get to the brain quicker.  me too for the gas because I always manage to drink live yeast somehow no matter how slow and careful I pour. it's cool... yeast is high in vitamin b complex. also  gives me an excuse to drink:  beer keeps me regular!  who could argue with that?

• Like 1

I am pleased enough to keep making more beer,

The gas is no problem and I welcome vitamins in the diet, B will give energy, motivation and mojo for some.

It has become more desirable than the Light beer I have been drinking for years.

Cheers

• Like 2

Honestly, the more I drink, the sexier I get .... truly!   :P

Strange... it seems to have the opposite effect for me according to my wife  :(

• Like 2

My wife hates any attention or hobby that is not her. When a family is evident it gets more complex.

we are here but you are there. Its us or them. She will win eventually.

Vakko keep on Brewin and sharing.

Cheers

• Like 2

It always makes me want to brew more & try different varieties that I've not had before. Also, helps me diminish my bank account frivolously.

• Like 1

There is one side effect of beer that no one seems to have mentioned. However, wonderful the taste and smell of hops might be they are known for their ... um ... droopiness :unsure: effect on male members (known as "brewers' droop").. Hops increase estrogen levels in men and increased estrogen levels result in reduced testosterone... ) Just sayin'...

But the anti-oxidants in the Hop is suppose to be good for the brain .... might be a correlation there!   :o

I prefer malt beers over hop-ee beers ... which explains a lot  :D

• Like 1

In all honesty none of the Mr Beer brews I have brewed thus far give me much of any side effects other than a wee case of the inibriated two step and a well defined and loud opinion. It is the All Merican beers such as MGD, Bud Light etc that give me the stanky butt the following morning.

• Like 1

Try it mit hefe (swirl up the yeast in the bottle and pour it in the glass).  You'll see side effects...

• Like 1

Strange... it seems to have the opposite effect for me according to my wife  :(

yeah the more I seem to sleep on the couch

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 10:20 AM, Brewer said:

There is one side effect of beer that no one seems to have mentioned. However, wonderful the taste and smell of hops might be they are known for their ... um ... droopiness :unsure: effect on male members (known as "brewers' droop").. Hops increase estrogen levels in men and increased estrogen levels result in reduced testosterone... ) Just sayin'...

Does that mean beer is good for women to drink?

Wellllll I now have good reason to monitor my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers.  Today my doc asked me what the hell it is I have I been up to in the last year.

soy has more phytoestrogens than hops ever will.  American men are becoming sissified because they eat too much soy products... directly or indirectly.  the government puts gobs of it in processed foods to keep us fat and passive.  the ONLY cure is to consume MORE alcohol!

• Like 3

That's one of the best commercials in a LOOOOOOONG time! :)

To anyone that uses the excuse this hobby saves them money, stop with that. On top of the brewing equipment I just bought an extra full size refrigerator for the basement.    :)

side effect: higher power bill.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 76shovel said:

To anyone that uses the excuse this hobby saves them money, stop with that. On top of the brewing equipment I just bought an extra full size refrigerator for the basement.    :)

side effect: higher power bill.

My wife suggest a family member get me my MRB kit back in 12/2009.  Let's ask her if it's saved us any $$ LOL.  Though, I will say, even with the 8ftx8ft walk in cooler we built in the brewery keeping stuff at 38*, our power bill was only up $25 above normal last month... and I still haven't got the cooler fully sealed. Then again, the cooler cost me $1100 to build, so again, ask my wife about this saving us $$. :) 

• Like 4