Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
urh684

new website

just liked the old one better but with time this one will be just as good i hope.

At least with this site we can continue to add things instead of being stuck with old code. 

Can you make it so half the screen isn't filled up with the same thing while only the bottom half shows what we are scrolling through?

• Like 1

Am I the only one still having problems logging into the new website?  I even created a new account and started my wish list and now I can't log into it either ... I'm beginning to believe old age is setting in.

Call or email our customer support (in my signature) with your account name and we will get the issues fixed.

Am I the only one still having problems logging into the new website?  I even created a new account and started my wish list and now I can't log into it either ... I'm beginning to believe old age is setting in.

I have been trying for days and no luck. Getting Frustrated.

Call or email our customer support (in my signature) with your account name and we will get the issues fixed.

Working with Josh B to resolve the issue. I created a new account with my iPad and can log in just fine. However, I am still unable to log in on my laptop. Truly, Mr. Beer has "World Class Support."

Can you make it so half the screen isn't filled up with the same thing while only the bottom half shows what we are scrolling through?

Seriously... does it need to take up half the screen?  Take a look at this:

6oHvj8w.jpg

It seems to me that the "Chocolate Porter" and the info underneath is fine, but why is the price, availability, etc. moved down under so much blank screen space? Seems it would fit in the same lateral space as the porter info, and then I could see the entire picture of the glass of beer. Then, in the limited space we do get, I have the "Leave us a message!" tab blocking up part of that.

It just seems wasteful of the space given, and totally un-necessary.

Just MHO.

• Like 1

Strange. It doesn't look like that at all on my screen. I'll have Josh B look into it.

• Like 2

It's due to a combination of screen resolution and size.  Make the window smaller Josh, and you'll see what he's seeing.  

• Like 1

I agree.

I hate scrolling down. You have about 6 scrolling screen-fulls (pages)  on your web page.  Scrolling is VERY old fashioned and not user friendly.

It was abandoned when technology went from scrolls to pages  almost 2 thousand years ago.

Source Wikipedia "Codex"

The Romans developed the form from wooden writing tablets. The codex's gradual replacement of the scroll—the dominant book form in the ancient world—has been called the most important advance in book making before the invention of printing.[2] The codex transformed the shape of the book itself, and offered a form that lasted for centuries.[3] The spread of the codex is often associated with the rise of Christianity, which adopted the format for use with the Bible early on.[4] First described by the 1st-century AD Roman poet Martial, who praised its convenient use, the codex achieved numerical parity with the scroll around AD 300,[5] and had completely replaced it throughout the now Christianised Greco-Roman world by the 6th century.[6]

I would rather have less on a page that fits and click to get another page that fits.

My screen is 1920 x1080p.

Of course if you have REALLY SLOW Internet, scrolling may work better for you.

• Like 2

6oHvj8w.jpg

It seems to me that the "Chocolate Porter" and the info underneath is fine, but why is the price, availability, etc. moved down under so much blank screen space? Seems it would fit in the same lateral space as the porter info, and then I could see the entire picture of the glass of beer. Then, in the limited space we do get, I have the "Leave us a message!" tab blocking up part of that.

Just MHO.

That's how it looks for me too.  Don't like it taking up so much space.

• Like 1

I am glad it isn't just me. I mean, I know I'm insane, but it helps to know I am not that insane.

:D

• Like 1

6oHvj8w.jpg

Just MHO.

We will be fixing this ASAP.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

• Like 3

Oh one more thing. Please put the dropdown menus right in the top yellow bar so they are always visible.

MRB Page

It is a pain to have to scroll up again to get at them

• Like 1

Sorry about the small Picture. enlarge it & you will see what I mean. I understand it is small and crowded, but maybe 2 lines  not one but still not scrolling. Or use the dropdowns to advantage.

I would like to see  Big Drop downs for "Kits, "Refills and Recipes"  since you include Refills and Recipes on same dropdown window it would be good to put it on the heading so we know..

The others you can combine to 4 -  Ingredients,  Accessories (really need a shorter word for that e.g. "Brew Gear"  every letter counts :-)) Gifts (Collapsing Logo and Certificates) and Mr Beer Nation.

The Search you can make a drop down or extended window to type in.

I know, ask 6 people you get 6 different designs.

Anyway that is my 2c.

I am glad it isn't just me. I mean, I know I'm insane, but it helps to know I am not that insane.

:D

Not just you at all.  I have the same display issue. 

Oh one more thing. Please put the dropdown menus right in the top yellow bar so they are always visible.

It is a pain to have to scroll up again to get at them

We appreciate the feedback regarding the Menu structure.  Because the site is a bit more scroll intensive than the last we did implement a "Back to Top" button that should be showing on the bottom right of your browser window.

See here:post-1-0-14594800-1431702172_thumb.png

If you are not seeing this, please let me know.  If you could also include the version of OS you're running and which browser you have and it's version as well.

Thanks!

Josh, Thanks for the suggestion but....Not seeing it.  I am using  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit,    I.E.11 latest version.

Also please note the longer a page is the longer it takes to load all the stuff on it. So IMHO better to keep it shorter for those with older PCs and slower Internets

My system is apparently up and running.  I want to than Josh B and all the folks who spent time (and a huge amount of patience) in getting me going again.  I was running FireFox version 37... and just upgraded to 38.01, but I just don't believe upgrading the browser fixed my issues.  I think it was a lot of that "World Class Support" that got me brewing again.. Thanks again for all your help.

• Like 1

I don't wanna call the operator to place an order.. I finally, after submitting my email address twice daily since the new site launched, HAD to call in to get my account password reset. So, I'm disappointed that ALL my old orders AND wishlists are GONE!! So I submitted to starting all over again, under protest, and now the wishlist will only let me add ONE item & only if I create a new wishlist with every item.. irritating, but I'm trying to be understanding because the website's new.. again.. So I figure what the heck, I'll just use the shopping cart in hopes my impulse items will be miraculously saved come pay day this weekend. Only.. there's no @$!# shopping cart! I've looked, scrolled, looked again, scrolled again, cycled through different screens, scrolled, looked, ad nauseam.. Ok, so I'm blind or retarded or its NOT THERE.. So I figure, maybe if I log out I can pretend I'm just your average Joe Shopper & the cart will come back.. so HOW DO YOU F@CKIN LOG OUT??? Ya know what, screw it.. The main reason I use Mr Beer is because its super easy & convenient. It isn't anymore, IT SUX!!! & the poor operator I spoke with on the phone earlier seemed just as confused & exasperated as I am. BOO!! Shame on you Mr Beer for sucking now.. No reply necessary, I won't be logging in anytime soon. Bye

• Like 1

I don't wanna call the operator to place an order.. I finally, after submitting my email address twice daily since the new site launched, HAD to call in to get my account password reset. So, I'm disappointed that ALL my old orders AND wishlists are GONE!! So I submitted to starting all over again, under protest, and now the wishlist will only let me add ONE item & only if I create a new wishlist with every item.. irritating, but I'm trying to be understanding because the website's new.. again.. So I figure what the heck, I'll just use the shopping cart in hopes my impulse items will be miraculously saved come pay day this weekend. Only.. there's no @$!# shopping cart! I've looked, scrolled, looked again, scrolled again, cycled through different screens, scrolled, looked, ad nauseam.. Ok, so I'm blind or retarded or its NOT THERE.. So I figure, maybe if I log out I can pretend I'm just your average Joe Shopper & the cart will come back.. so HOW DO YOU F@CKIN LOG OUT??? Ya know what, screw it.. The main reason I use Mr Beer is because its super easy & convenient. It isn't anymore, IT SUX!!! & the poor operator I spoke with on the phone earlier seemed just as confused & exasperated as I am. BOO!! Shame on you Mr Beer for sucking now.. No reply necessary, I won't be logging in anytime soon. Bye

I spent a lot of time building my wishlists...

And being able to access my previous orders was often necessary for future ones.  Luckily, I have saved every paper receipt from every order I have ever made with MrB over the past 3 years.  But definitely not ideal to be shuffling through papers when it used to be at the click of my mouse...

Not sure why you cannot find your shopping cart our how to logout, but I see them both just fine.

I was just able to reset my password after a couple trys over the last week. I can see my shopping cart, and the log out. I m starting to get use to it, I don't mind the new site at all!

I've honestly have had virtually no issues... I use chrome and firefox both.  I don't mind the new screen, and have placed two orders easily since it changed.  Since I didn't have anything in wish list before, it is a new start for me.  

The _only_ downside i've seen, is that I cannot reference my previous orders, and the old recipe 'search by refill' is not there.   CORRECTION!  it is there now... in the side selections I can now filter by refill.  So, yeah, except for my purchase history, no problems.  

We've been having issues with Internet Explorer mostly, it seems. They are currently being worked on and should hopefully be resolved soon.

In addition to the new website, we also switched to a completely new ordering system. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow the migration of order histories from the old system. But even though you can't see your order history, we do still have all of your orders archived in the old system. So if you have inquiries about an older order, give us a call or email and we'll get you the requested info on that order/s. 

As for the wishlist: Again, this is something that we can't migrate over to the new website and is one of the more unfortunate drawbacks of this change. But with that said, change was inevitable. We used the same website for almost a decade and we needed to upgrade to stay modern and competitive. More and more people are using tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices so we are trying to make the site a bit more user friendly for everyone, including those customers. Of course, no new website launch will be perfect and without flaws. We launched our new site in basically a "Beta" state because one of the only ways to catch all of the bugs and issues is through customer input. As you guys inform us of these issues, we will work to fix them in a timely manner. We have many people working overtime to optimize the site so it runs smooth for everyone. Josh B especially has been bending over backwards to get everything in order.

So please don't think we're not listening or that we don't care because we are and we do.

• Like 1

I was wondering if there's any thought of having the forum work with tapatalk, a mobile platform for reading discussion forums? Apologies if that's already been discussed and I just missed it. Also is the store website temporarily down? I'm getting a "Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." Error message.

Thanks, Tony

We've been having issues with Internet Explorer mostly, it seems. They are currently being worked on and should hopefully be resolved soon.

In addition to the new website, we also switched to a completely new ordering system. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow the migration of order histories from the old system. But even though you can't see your order history, we do still have all of your orders archived in the old system. So if you have inquiries about an older order, give us a call or email and we'll get you the requested info on that order/s. 

As for the wishlist: Again, this is something that we can't migrate over to the new website and is one of the more unfortunate drawbacks of this change. But with that said, change was inevitable. We used the same website for almost a decade and we needed to upgrade to stay modern and competitive. More and more people are using tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices so we are trying to make the site a bit more user friendly for everyone, including those customers. Of course, no new website launch will be perfect and without flaws. We launched our new site in basically a "Beta" state because one of the only ways to catch all of the bugs and issues is through customer input. As you guys inform us of these issues, we will work to fix them in a timely manner. We have many people working overtime to optimize the site so it runs smooth for everyone. Josh B especially has been bending over backwards to get everything in order.

So please don't think we're not listening or that we don't care because we are and we do.

I'm sure the answer to this is $$$ but I must ask...

Why not do a "soft" launch as an actual Beta so that people would get the chance to download/transcribe their wishlists and/or order histories?  Additionally, people will find the bugs alot faster if they're just randomly smashing buttons then carefully ordering 2 recipes.

Stay away from internet explorer folks,

I know it is built into your OP system but it is the easiest and most widely hacked browser on the internet.

Corporate entities that require the integration of IE into office and enterprise infrastructure are usually buried with IE7. Yep the older the system the least likely hood of hacking and the protection is up to date unlike later versions of IE.

I use Mozilla and keep it updated with little trouble. It has tracking apps but It is a tool for you.

Cell phone apps are even safer but have your history for life, When the internet first started I visited titty .com a few times for fun but it gets old and now days all your cloud data is a record of creditability for jobs, credit, reputability.

On subject: I like the new site, When you pull up a recipe, the directions are there and reflect what I am after. Use Bookmarks regardless of the browser.

Lets Make Beer!!!!!!

• Like 2

“Project Spartan is Microsoft’s next generation browser, built just for Windows 10,” Microsoft said in a statement emailed to GeekWire

"So, here’s your chance folks to shape tech history: What should Microsoft call the new browser?"

I vote to call it the "Commando"  browser, built with no libraries under the shell.  (To minimize bloat of unused code - call it naked coding - just like we used to do.) 

Although that is a bit of a Luddite approach.....I know that won't really happen - too tough to maintain and no code reuse.

"Microsoft Commando" does have a nice ring to it.

I am all for titty .com commando but if you really want safe browsing besides mozilla.

Tor is for pros.