Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff (Klingdom)

Mr Beer Homepage

Is Mr Beer trying to make me feel good by showing a post I made on the homepage? Or does everyone see a post they made on the Mr Beer homepage towards the bottom? Haha

Brew On!

Is Mr Beer trying to make me feel good by showing a post I made on the homepage? Or does everyone see a post they made on the Mr Beer homepage towards the bottom? Haha

Brew On!

I can see your post there.  Guess they're trying to make you feel good, ha.

Dang! Nice bottles.

This will be the label I use (with a few mods - ABV & bottle size):

OcKKC46.jpg

I used this site: http://www.beerlabelizer.com/- it gives you a few templates for free (like the one above) and for $5, you can get all the ones you see scrolling through that page. I swear, I am going to donate to that site soon! Even for the free ones, it's worth the $5.

Oh, and yes - "Tri-County Run Brewery" is what I call my "production factory" (i.e., my LBK and cooler).

:D

• Like 1

That's a nice label Slyn2none! All I use are little sticky labels from an office supply store. Just print, peel, and stick. These are also super easy to get off. They practically dissolve in hot water after 30 sec.

• Like 2

I am going to use milk to attach my labels. I hear it works well, is easy to remove, and actually doesn't end up smelling like soured milk.

I'll take pics when it's all said & done.

Oh wow. Cool idea. I never heard that one. Mail me a bottle of novacaine and I'll mail you a bottle on mine! Kidding.

Oh wow. Cool idea. I never heard that one. Mail me a bottle of novacaine and I'll mail you a bottle on mine! Kidding.

Don't mail...that's illegal. UPS or Fed Ex ain't breaking laws, just company policy.  

• Like 1

Hum, for the Reddit Home Brewing contest they want you to ship 2 bottles to the beer judge. US Mail wont. FedEx or UPS might but seems they have refused for many.

Not sure what the law is for shipping alcohol across states.

Seems there may be some issues for them there as from what I can see it is only easy to ship by misrepresenting what you have and not using the actual stores but a pick up.

I can see that the delivery services would not want to be found implicit delivering alcohol to minors for instance, but there maybe other laws too. 

I am going to use milk to attach my labels. I hear it works well, is easy to remove, and actually doesn't end up smelling like soured milk.

I'll take pics when it's all said & done.

If you are using your desktop printer you can make this even easier.  Just print your label on the "wrong" side of a coated inkjet paper stock.  The "right" side has a gum coating so a little water sprayed on the bottle and the label should stick on it's own.

• Like 1

I actually made some labels for my Klondike Gold weeks ago, they have just been sitting around since then. Last night, I finally got around to cutting them out & putting them on the bottles. I considered the first one a test, to see if just the absolute bare minimum would work. If not, I can always re-print and do it "right", no?

Seems that Letting inkjet-printed stuff sit around for a while sets the ink pretty well. This is standard paper, inkjet-printed, and I soaked the label with milk before putting on the bottle and letting it dry. I got no running of the ink and nice "stickage."

LQLt3Ub.jpg

Not too shabby, eh?

• Like 1

Yeah, those beer bottle labels look pretty good, I use the same one for mine, except mine are black and white from a laser printer.

• Like 1