Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
creamz13

first bottle bomb.

So i just had my first bottle bomb. Glass bottle exploded. Was very loud and violent. Baa with smooth dme. Wow was it something. Guess my storage room was a bit hot.

Oops.

I hope no one was hurt.

- more likely incomplete fermentation (not long enough  before bottling or too much carbonation sugar).

or terribly weak bottles - lol. 

my first bottle bomb was when I was in a drunken stooper,i ran out of beer so I grabbed a bourbon oak vanilla cherry porter only a week in conditioning and stucl it in the freezer for a quick cool dwn. dumass me passed out

dum ass me? I dunno what happened!

Bittle bombs will do that to a person.

*whistles innocently* 

• Like 2

Mine was sitting in closet upstairs. Just burst. I thought a window broke. Nope....beer glass everywere

I am thinking when the FG is a bit higher than we want and conditioning is required.

Ease up or get real with the proper sugar amount, gradually take the temps from ferment into the low 70's and after a couple of weeks into the mid 70's.

I read an antique post on the old MR. Beer forum of a brother brewer that was killed from a shattering pop top bottle that put glass right into the jugular.

Cant confirm and really did not want to research some ones death but I can imagining it happening. After reading this I will respect anyone that thinks a bottlebomb might be evident. Give the respect to the vessel when it is questionable for sure.

Lets Make More Beer!!!!!

I fixed the title for search purposes.