Mr.Beer Community
Zoot Horn Rollo

East San Diego County, CA

Santee.....Lakeside.....Ramona. Would not mind possibly hanging out and talking/drinking/trading some home brews. Or maybe even visiting a couple of our regional craft brewers. We've got Twisted Manzinita Brewery (and Spirits), BNS Brewery, and Butchers Brewing; all within a 5 mile radius. I'm an older dude so, unless you're 18 and into leisure wear and tricking out your walker; think age appropriate. On the other hand; every party needs a pooper and my oldest is an EMO geek so, if you're into home brewing than hit me here and we'll talk.

Best, Zoot

University City area of San Diego. Not much experience brewing:

One batch of Classic American Light conditioning for another 5 days before the 3 day chill to drink.

One batch of Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale fermenting and due for 3 day cold crash starting tomorrow.

(I'm out of bottles, but for those of you interested in Mr. Beer 500ml amber PET bottles without paying for shipping they are available retail here at BevMo! (Beverages and More!))

Not a problem swapping a taste test on the CAL, although I only have 10 740ml bottles left. (I drank my trub half bottle 3 weeks into conditioning after an hour in the freezer. If I had given it three days in the fridge, it probably would have been carbonated well, but in this case I think I vented the CO2 and it came out somewhat flat.)

I work like three doors down from Societé Brewing Company in Clairemont Mesa. I'm really liking their Stygian Butcher Imperial Stout.

http://societebrewing.com/beer/#butcher

This is a good list to work off of:

http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org/

Anybody else lurking who is interested in an outing?

Hey Andre. Sorry I took a while to respond. I'm a real novice when it comes to brewing myself. I'm enjoying the hobby though. One day soon, I hope to have something that I would really like to share with someone other than my family. Just not there yet. Have never been to the Societé Brewing Company but it looks cool and I'll no doubt darken it's doorway soon.. Out here in East County, we have a few micro-breweries that are worth checking out. Maybe better when it cools down in the Fall though. Hey thanks for the link to the Guild. Keep in touch, you always seem to have well thought out responses and hopefully we'll both stay with this hobby long enough to justify a meet and greet in the future.

Best, Zoot