Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Robin

No Rinse Cleanser

After I have sanitized the vessel and all equipment involved in my process can I keep the No Rinse Cleanser in a sealed container to use later on the sanitizing of the bottles??  Or should I open a new one??

Well, you can keep it for a few days without a problem.  There was a post somewhere with the "exact" amount of time it will still be good.  But I'd just open a new one.

Just to make sure you know, that packet that Mr. Beer includes is good for 2 batches.  You use half of the pack in a gallon of water for the brew day, and the other half on bottling day.

• Like 1

The sanitizer retains its effectiveness for a few days at best. You use 1/2 of the packet to sanitize the LBK and your equipment and keep the other 1/2 in the resealed packet for use when you are ready to sanitize your bottles.

• Like 1

Get some Starsan if you want a sanitizer that you can store for a while.

Thank you all for your quick responses. 

• Like 1

I've gotten to where I bottle one night, & brew the next day. Often, I have bottles I have saved up that need de-labeling, so I put the used Mr. Beer No Rinse in my boiling kettle, fill the bottles mostly full with water, and put them in the pot & let them sit for a couple hours.  Most of the labels slide off when I pick the bottles up out of the No Rinse. Neck labels get the bottle turned upside down after emptying them and let to soak for an hour, then a peel & scrub.

I try to get every penny's worth out of something.

:)

• Like 1