Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
PedroBeer

Virgin Batch

Ok, I have my 1st batch fermenting and is now 1 day away from a 3 week ferment. When I poured a sample last week it tasted like flat beer (as Mr Beer said it should) although it was cloudy. I left it until this week. It still tastes ok but its still cloudy and it doesn't appear to be sediment as its not settling down.

Anyone any ideas? I'm brewing Bewitched Amber Ale.

Thanks! :(

• Like 1

Ignore what it looks like.  Bottle at 21 days, taking care to not disturb the layer of trub on the bottom, and let it sit in bottles at room temp 70 or a bit higher for at least 4 weeks - then refrigerate for 3 days only what you'll drink in 3 days, letting the rest sit out.

BAA is one of the best in my opinion.

• Like 2

Pedro, I am new to mr beer and like Rick said dont worry about it being cloudy, once i bottled mine with the sugar they all seem to clear up in about 3-4 days. I leave mine in the LBK for 3 weeks, bottled 3-4 weeks and then in the fridge a few days to chill before I drink them. I have had all batches turn out really good.

I too have the bewitched amber ale but havent brewed it yet, maybe that will be next for me?!?!

• Like 2

My first batch of BAA is 1week away from being ready. All this talk here is making me excited for opening day!

• Like 1

I've never had batch come out of the LBK perfectly clear. After 4 weeks bottle conditioning though it settles out a lot. Now, when you refrigerate it later to drink it, you may get a little "cold haze", but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Like 1

3/4 on clear beers from Mr. Beer kits or recipes. The 1/4 is the Novacaine, and it's so dark you can't see through it anyway...

:)

• Like 1