Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zoot Horn Rollo

Seasoning your LBK?

So, I've got three LBKs . After bottling my latest batches I cleaned them out thoroughly with cold water, an unscented hand soap, and a soft wash cloth. Today, as I was organizing my brewing equipment, I got my nose right into each of the LBKs and found that they all smelled strongly of...well...beer, of course. I doubt that there is anything that I can do to completely eliminate the residual scents of my previous batches. As I have two recipes being shipped soon (Camilla's Folly and That Voodoo) I wondered how my fellow brewers deal with the very real possibility of introducing off flavors from previous batches into their current recipes. Do any of you guys who maintain a regular pipeline brew only certain brews in specified LBKs? Does it matter? Is there any advantage to brewing similar brews in the same LBK (example porters in a LBK designated for only porters) such as a more complex flavor over time?

Best, Zoot    :(

It doesn't matter.  Discussed on the forum a few times.   ;)

Unless you brew sours, or use weird yeast, brew on!

all my fermenter buckets positively reek of beer... mead... alcohol. I can almost get a contact buzz huffing them  .   ive had no ill effect in any of my brews from this.

all my fermenter buckets positively reek of beer... mead... alcohol. I can almost get a contact buzz huffing them  .   ive had no ill effect in any of my brews from this.

Er, we may have a different perspective.

• Like 1