Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Beep

200 and counting

Big day today. Just finished brewing LBK #200. Kicking back today with a few of my remaining Homebrews. Thanks to all that gave me some great ideas for better success with my Hobby. CHEERS.

• Like 6

Congrads on 200 brews,

Can you share your favorite recipe or worst mistake?

With 7 posts I hope they were all great.

Congratulations on an impressive milestone.  Many more to come!

Wow! Very impressive. Perhaps a word or two about your best or favorite.

Big day today. Just finished brewing LBK #200. Kicking back today with a few of my remaining Homebrews. Thanks to all that gave me some great ideas for better success with my Hobby. CHEERS.

Just curious -- all in the same LBK? If not, how many have you gone through?

Thanks for the kind words. I will touch base on a few replies. I Use 3 LBK's at a time. I usually make 3 different flavors at a time so I can keep my curiosity satisfied. I like most, try to brew with the seasons. My top 2 favorites by far are Columbus' Cascading Amber Ale and Defibrillator Doppelbock. They come out great every time. I have had to replace only 1 LBK so far. There is another one that soon will be making it to the Craft Beer Heavens. I too have made some mistakes. The very first batch I made was in the winter. I fermented  it in my basement and I think the yeast went Dormant. Wisconsin winters can be brutal. I now brew in my Home office closet with the Kegs covered with a blanket. I learned that brewing with fruit can be explosive, hence the blanket. I Pureed 2 cans of Boysenberries and added to the wort before pitching the yeast. Now I wait one week after before adding the fruit. Currently, I am exploring the world of fruit extracts thanks to the Forum. Not enough the first time. Too much the second time. I hope I have it nailed down the next batch. I Know this got a little lengthy but I am not very computer savvy either. Ein Prosit.

• Like 3