Mr.Beer Community
Robin

*URGENT*

Sorry for such a dramatic Title ....  :wacko:

Does anyone know the deminsions of the 2gal unit??  I have an opportunity to pick up a small fridge today and want to make sure it will fit !!!  Thank you in advance as always for your help. 

13" long x 9 1/2" wide x 10" tall

Thank you ever so much Dave ... they only want $20 bucks, that's a no brainer !!!!!   

• Like 1

RED ALERT, RED ALERT!

Were our replies supposed to be dramatic?

It is 15" long with the spigot on it...

This is the BROWN LBK.  

• Like 1

RED ALERT, RED ALERT!

Were our replies supposed to be dramatic?

This is the BROWN LBK.  

Not really ....  thanks Rick.     But THAT is dramatic  !!!   

No problem.

I found on my frig/freezers that sometimes the door shelf hits the spigot.  Removal of the door shelf or repositioning of the shelf that the LBK sits on remedies that.

ALWAYS CLOSE THE DOOR GENTLY the first time so you don't snap off a nozzle.  And setup your frig/freezer with EMPTY LBKs with spigots on them to dry fit the setup, before you discover issues with a full LBK ready to ferment or cold crash.

No problem.

I found on my frig/freezers that sometimes the door shelf hits the spigot.  Removal of the door shelf or repositioning of the shelf that the LBK sits on remedies that.

ALWAYS CLOSE THE DOOR GENTLY the first time so you don't snap off a nozzle.  And setup your frig/freezer with EMPTY LBKs with spigots on them to dry fit the setup, before you discover issues with a full LBK ready to ferment or cold crash.

I only have the 2G unit ..... that is why I am hoping it fits.

Which 2G are you referring to? Are you talking about the Brewmax 2G or the LBK (which is also 2G)?

This is the BROWN LBK.  

Correct...my length dimension is without the spigot.

Which 2G are you referring to? Are you talking about the Brewmax 2G or the LBK (which is also 2G)?

Josh I am sorry ... I have the BrewMax 2G

• Like 1

Josh I am sorry ... I have the BrewMax 2G

Ha! As soon as you said 2 gallon unit I expected RickBeer to ask "which one?"

What's that line from "Under Siege 2: Dark Territory?

"Assumption is the mother of all f**kups."

Gotta love those Steven Seagal movies.

Not being completely sure why someone would buy a Craft Brewmax 2G, may I ask what the downside would be to brewing a 2 or 2.5 gallon batch in a Craft Brewmax 6G fermenter? Aside from the obvious fact of too much headspace, would or could there be enough CO2 produced in a smaller batch fast enough to push the oxygen out of the fermenter in a reasonable period of time, and prevent oxidation of the beer? Or are there other considerations I am overlooking?

Well It would not fit into my cooler like the LBK does.

Neither the 8LX nor 24LX fit in my cooler.

So lagers are all LBK housed.

Not being completely sure why someone would buy a Craft Brewmax 2G, may I ask what the downside would be to brewing a 2 or 2.5 gallon batch in a Craft Brewmax 6G fermenter? Aside from the obvious fact of too much headspace, would or could there be enough CO2 produced in a smaller batch fast enough to push the oxygen out of the fermenter in a reasonable period of time, and prevent oxidation of the beer? Or are there other considerations I am overlooking?

Josh had previously said no issue in doing this.

I would say it really wouldnt matter what the h&ll you brew in, as long as you get good beer.  The answer to your question is that is was a gift.  :angry:

• Like 2

Josh had previously said no issue in doing this.

As long as the lid stays closed, there's absolutely no issue with brewing 2 gallons in the 6G. But if you don't do 6 gallon batches (not everyone does), what's the point in having the 6G when the 2G is smaller and takes up less space?

• Like 1

I would say it really wouldnt matter what the h&ll you brew in, as long as you get good beer. The answer to your question is that is was a gift. :angry:

No offense meant. Hell, if somebody bought me a 2G kit as a gift, I be doing backflips!

I am tempted to give you one, but with the condition that you must record yourself doing the backfilps & them post it on YouTube so we all could see it.

:lol:

• Like 1

Sorry for such a dramatic Title ....  :wacko:

Does anyone know the deminsions of the 2gal unit??  I have an opportunity to pick up a small fridge today and want to make sure it will fit !!!  Thank you in advance as always for your help. 

Can the refrigerator be set to hold a temperature of 65F?  My expectations that the temperature ranges of refrigerators are too low for our brewing temperatures.  Now if you want a place to keep your brew after you've bottled it, the refrigerator is good.

Can the refrigerator be set to hold a temperature of 65F? My expectations that the temperature ranges of refrigerators are too low for our brewing temperatures. Now if you want a place to keep your brew after you've bottled it, the refrigerator is good.

No, the thermostats in standard refrigerators can't reliably hold a consistent temperature that high. Instead the refrigerator thermostat is turned to its coldest setting, and then the refrigerator is plugged into an external temperature controller. A temperature probe with a thin wire lead is passed through the door gasket, and taped with an insulator over it to the side of the fermenting vessel below the wort level. The external temperature controller is set to a holding temperature, and the power to the entire refrigerator cycles on and off to maintain that temperature.

• Like 1

No, the thermostats in standard refrigerators can't reliably hold a consistent temperature that high. Instead the refrigerator thermostat is turned to its coldest setting, and then the refrigerator is plugged into an external temperature controller. A temperature probe with a thin wire lead is passed through the door gasket, and taped with an insulator over it to the side of the fermenting vessel below the wort level. The external temperature controller is set to a holding temperature, and the power to the entire refrigerator cycles on and off to maintain that temperature.

Very well explained.

I just went and measured it and it is 42 inches tall.

The 2G BrewMax is 42 inches tall?  That is some major head space.  No way that would fit in my freezer.  lol

A Craft Brewmax 2G 2.75 gallon fermenter is 3 AND A HALF FEET TALL? Are you sure you didn't measure a Craft Brewmax 6G? WOW! That's thinner than 3 one gallon water bottles stacked vertically on top of each other! How is that stable, how do you keep it from tipping over accidentally?

My apologies, guys. I meant 17 inches (42 centimeters). Damn metric system.... :P

• Like 1

Bet you make that mistake to prospective girlfriends also...   :lol: 

• Like 1

Bet you make that mistake to prospective girlfriends also...   :lol:

Yeah, it's probably why I'm still single... :lol:

My apologies, guys. I meant 17 inches (42 centimeters). Damn metric system.... :P

Yeah that's what I figured.  42 inches seems even too tall for the 6G.  Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

What is the name of a reliable external temp controller?? 

What is the name of a reliable external temp controller?? 

I use Johnson Controls A419.

Yeah the one Rick posted works well, too. It's a bit cheaper than the A419, but the A419 is digital (about $15-$20 more). They both work the same, though.

I picked up this Willhi model through Amazon, and I'm very pleased (just set and plug in). No amateur electrician work required.

post-66531-0-26846100-1441040582_thumb.j

• Like 1