Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

Belgian Spiced Winter Seasonal - OUT OF STOCK!

Just a heads up! We're officially out of the Belgian Spiced Winter Seasonal. It was a great run and a great beer. Thanks to all who ordered! :D

Wait for it, wait for it...

"Do you have any cans left?  I was going to order on Friday...".

:lol:

• Like 2

Just a heads up! We're officially out of the Belgian Spiced Winter Seasonal. It was a great run and a great beer. Thanks to all who ordered! :D

Seriously, based on the postings in this forum, the Belgian Spiced Winter Seasonal has likely been one of the favorite recipes.  Mr. Beer should consider making it a regular recipe.

If you want to make Seasonal size cans into a regular refill,  I vote for adding Nut Brown Ale.

I bet there are a few that would make good marketing sense.

What are the votes for making seasonals into regular refills and which ones?

You could call them "Connoisseur Refills" or some other name that is more elevated than "Craft"

• Like 3

Wait for it, wait for it...

"Do you have any cans left?  I was going to order on Friday...".

:lol:

That there is funny.... Seriously though I was going to order another can if available payday next week. Ooh well I still have the last can I brewed conditioning. Can't wait to crack one open. It's been about six weeks in the bottles.

• Like 1

Well, the Winter Dark is half off right now. We're trying to get rid of some that are close to their "Best by" dates. $10.98 isn't bad for those cans. The same 50% discount applies to the pear cider. This will only last until the dated cans are gone.  ;)

• Like 2

Well, the Winter Dark is half off right now. We're trying to get rid of some that are close to their "Best by" dates. $10.98 isn't bad for those cans. The same 50% discount applies to the pear cider. This will only last until the dated cans are gone.  ;)

Josh, I really didn't need to see that!! :o

My only question is, when my divorce is finalized (because of my Mr. Beer purchases) is there room there in the warehouse where I can set up my cot and sleeping bag cause I'll need a place to stay!! :unsure:

• Like 4

Winter Dark was one of my 3 favorites. If a certain CSR had thought of this last week... . LOL

• Like 1

Winter Dark was one of my 3 favorites. If a certain CSR had thought of this last week... . LOL

I didn't know about it last week. :unsure:

Well, the Winter Dark is half off right now. We're trying to get rid of some that are close to their "Best by" dates. $10.98 isn't bad for those cans. The same 50% discount applies to the pear cider. This will only last until the dated cans are gone. ;)

Hummmmm.......

There is a 5$ LBK and 5$ HME sale today, And it is worth the search.

Yes, it is. I've already ordered myself the HME, at this price probably ought to order several. Thanks Mr. Beer!

Today's $5 HME is very very tempting ... but I think I'll wait to see what else comes along as the days go by.

OK, I have two cans of this stuff in hand. However, the brewing instructions just say "see the website", and the website talks about adding things which the can says are included inside the can (spice pack, yeast), so I don't actually have brewing instructions for this. The website does say this stuff has a Brew By date of August, so I'd better get cracking... any help?  I'm not a first time brewer, but I haven't brewed a lot of batches and have had the kits for about 5 years, maybe 6 or 7 batches total with large gaps.

I would just plow ahead, except I did that with my last 3 batches of Bewitched Amber Ale and got something that, while quite good, was not an amber ale (some discussion elsewhere in the forums, although not including my 3rd batch).

Here's the instructions, link, a copy posted below. Or are you wanting something different to do with them?

• Using the measuring cup, pour 4 cups of water into your clean 4-quart or larger pot. 
  • Bring water to a boil, add the spice bag, allow to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Open the can of Brewing Extract and pour it into water. Stir until thoroughly mixed. This mixture of unfermented beer is called wort.
  • Fill keg with refrigerated water to the 4-quart mark on the back.
  • Pour the wort into the keg, and then bring the volume of the keg to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more refrigerated water. Stir vigorously with the spoon or whisk.
  • Sprinkle the yeast packet into the keg, and screw on the lid. Do not stir. 
  • Put your keg in a location with a consistent temperature between 59°and 75° F (15°-24° C) and out of direct sunlight. Ferment for 14 days.

• After approximately 24 hours, you will be able to see the fermentation process happening by shining a flashlight into the keg. You'll see the yeast in action in the wort. The liquid will be opaque and milky, you will see bubbles rising in the liquid, and there will be bubbles on the surface.

my 5 gal chimay is in second month conditioning in a big mouth carboy, those Belgian ale HME came in handy at the right time and price! will be ordering the winter dark soon, been curious about how that tastes?

Here's the instructions, link, a copy posted below. Or are you wanting something different to do with them?

• Using the measuring cup, pour 4 cups of water into your clean 4-quart or larger pot. 
  • Bring water to a boil, add the spice bag, allow to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Open the can of Brewing Extract and pour it into water. Stir until thoroughly mixed. This mixture of unfermented beer is called wort.
  • Fill keg with refrigerated water to the 4-quart mark on the back.
  • Pour the wort into the keg, and then bring the volume of the keg to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more refrigerated water. Stir vigorously with the spoon or whisk.
  • Sprinkle the yeast packet into the keg, and screw on the lid. Do not stir. 
  • Put your keg in a location with a consistent temperature between 59°and 75° F (15°-24° C) and out of direct sunlight. Ferment for 14 days.

• After approximately 24 hours, you will be able to see the fermentation process happening by shining a flashlight into the keg. You'll see the yeast in action in the wort. The liquid will be opaque and milky, you will see bubbles rising in the liquid, and there will be bubbles on the surface.

There is no yeast packet. The can says the yeast is already included. That's why I'm asking.

There is no yeast under the lids of the Seasonal refills. They usually come with specialty yeasts. The Belgian Spiced should have come with the T-58 yeast.

T-58 is a monster. Great yeast for a spiced ale but it will cause an overflow if you overfill the LBK.

There is a packet of yeast under the plastic lid of the can. At least, there is supposed to be.

Are we talking the same recipe? Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale. Ingredients: malted barley, hops, yeast. There was no plastic lid, no yeast packet. The label says, "For how to brew, please follow instructions included in package [there were none] or go online to www.mrbeer.com/seasonalinst" which is where I went and found exactly the instructions you just posted, and which, in turn, led to me starting this thread.

Are we talking the same recipe? Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale. Ingredients: malted barley, hops, yeast. There was no plastic lid, no yeast packet. The label says, "For how to brew, please follow instructions included in package [there were none] or go online to www.mrbeer.com/seasonalinst" which is where I went and found exactly the instructions you just posted, and which, in turn, led to me starting this thread.

That's been straightened out already...

There is no yeast under the lids of the Seasonal refills. They usually come with specialty yeasts. The Belgian Spiced should have come with the T-58 yeast.

Then what are the instructions? Same as the other, but skipping adding yeast? I've had two cans of this for some time now, and have not made it because no instructions were included, and the website does (or at least did) not supply instructions that don't state to add the yeast packet. [Edited to add: I went and checked for updated instructions; instead, the company has pulled the entire page.]

That's been straightened out already...

The reply which straightened it out was posted while I was posting my response. No time machine available.

The reply which straightened it out was posted while I was posting my response. No time machine available.

The same can be said of my response here, now cannit?

;)

I was curious to know what the Christmas Spiced Ale would taste like if you left out the mulling spices and added an ounce of Liberty pellets, 1/2 oz of Hallertau, and a 1/2 oz of centennial and do a 45 min steep?

T-58 is a monster. Great yeast for a spiced ale but it will cause an overflow if you overfill the LBK.

I just bottled my Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale. It spent about a month in the LBK. No problems with overflowing.

Can't wait until time to drink. It conveniently will be ready when I get back from my honeymoon.

• Like 2

I just bottled my Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale. It spent about a month in the LBK. No problems with overflowing.

My batch came very close to overflowing. Thankfully it didn't.

Can't wait until time to drink. It conveniently will be ready when I get back from my honeymoon.

I've sampled a couple and they are delicious. The perfect holiday beer to share with your new bride. Congratulations.

wish i cud get a few more of those refills, do another successful chimay blue!, i still have a 5 liter mini keg i haven't touched

• Like 1

do u have any cans left?

No. Like the topic title says, it is out of stock. It was a Seasonal so it probably won't be coming back either.

• Like 1