Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
fejjums66

DIPA or IPA all extract recipe

I'm about to cold crash and bottle my third batch (hop head red) which I also dry hopped to hopefully give it some hop aroma. Next batch up is "Slap Hoppy Stout". I would like to make a DIPA after that (I love hops). Was wondering if anyone had aNY suggestions. I have a Diablo Ipa for starters.

I should add that I have also done "Surly Dog Ipa" it was really good but looking for more...

There is a recipe in the archives for a black duck ipa. It got really good reviews from all who made it. I made made and bottled it but wont be ready till next week so i cant say first hand. It uses the diablo hme. You can find the thread using the search feature.

Thanks!looks good. I haven't tried a partial mash yet. Also haven't done more than the 2 gallons. Think I need a couple more under my belt before I try that one. But I will hold on to that for the future.

I brewed this one today. First time for this and my first recipe. Wort sample tasted pretty good. If you are interested I can provide more details on the steps. http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/251055/nice-azacca-single-hopped-dipa

There is a recipe in the archives for a black duck ipa. It got really good reviews from all who made it. I made made and bottled it but wont be ready till next week so i cant say first hand. It uses the diablo hme. You can find the thread using the search feature.

thanks! I'll check it out.

Tried the black duck ipa the other day and it turned out excelent. I highly recommend it.

If you're ready to incorporate steeping in your brew process, I make my extract IPAs using a combination of oatmeal and crystal malt. I'd also suggest adding some late addition flavor and/or aroma hops if you're using Diablo.