Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
cm11599ps

Inviting Friends/Family For A Tasting....

As I continue to build my pipeline I"m trying assorted microbrews. There's only one person I know that drinks the micro/craft stuff with everyone else drinking bud, coors, yeungling.......

As I purchase my micros and brew my own, I'm trying to save a few of each bottle so that I can have my family over for a tasting. I'm hoping it's a good way to get them into better beers.

Any ideas on how to do this?

I kinda just talked about how good these beers were until people got sick of hearing about it and they plunked down the extra ching to pick up a nice six pack. Now most of the people around me drink micro brews. I even got a few of them interested in brewing by just talking about it until they got sick of it.

I'm also going to be using my home brews too to see how everyone likes them. I was planning on removing all the beer labels so that they wouldn't be able to tell my stuff from the micros.

I'm going to label the bottles in a way that only I know what's inside and have everyone report on each bottle.

cm11599ps wrote:

As I continue to build my pipeline I"m trying assorted microbrews. There's only one person I know that drinks the micro/craft stuff with everyone else drinking bud, coors, yeungling.......

As I purchase my micros and brew my own, I'm trying to save a few of each bottle so that I can have my family over for a tasting. I'm hoping it's a good way to get them into better beers.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

cm11599ps wrote:

Usually they're begging you to try them out! Well, the way it worked with me is that I have a brother in law who loves craft brewing. Took him out fishing on a hot day and when we got back, I asked him if he wanted to try one. Most likely because he was really thirsty, he loved it and kept telling others about it. Then when they came over, they wanted to try them out.

One thing for sure, try out your batch and make sure you like it. Give them the best ones to start with, then I imagine they forgive a bad batch. Just don't start them out on a bad batch - meaning: don't have them try something you aren't proud of.

I'm doing this right now with stouts and I am loving the results. I have had samuel smith's imperial and fuel cafe. Though I loved the fuel the fuel cafe. Though I wish you the best and let us know the details.

most of my friends and family know my obsession with good beers. i just got back from being out for my birthday and have some of my friends curious about my homebrews (at least those who haven't tried them).

needless to say, they are all interested. i've found that along with a good taste in beers, a homebrewer is appealing to the curiosity of others.

;)

let word of mouth spread your talent. :P

A nice brew to offer when intoducing someone who drinks mainly light commercial beer to full flavored beer is Weizenbier HME + Golden Wheat UME.

If you're feeling frisky, you can boil the UME for 5 minutes with some Hallertauer or Argentine Cascade hops before adding the HME.

I have a group of 5 beer drinking friends I invite over when I have a new brew ready. Last time I waited till I had 2 ready, standard wheat + honey and BRA + Mellow Amber UME. I served Wheat Thins with the wheat beer and chocolate peanut clusters my wife makes with the Red. I printed up fact sheets similar to what's on MR.Beer recipe pages showing ingredients, how they contribute to ABV etc. Had lots of fun with it. (my friends probably think I should be committed)

What I do is have my friends all bring a 6 pack or 2 of beer that they've never had before. I got some small clear plastic cups (the hard plastic kind) 6oz I think. Anyway we poor everybody about 2 oz of a beer and we all taste it and talk about it. Then after we taste all 10 or 12 different beers, we finish them off or attempt to anyway...lol

You know, it's funny...a guy I work with recently came back from Disney World where he had a glass of Franziskaner for the first time. He loved it and raved about it (I also like Franzi). But what does he do? Gets more Bud light here at home. ???

investingdad wrote:

You know, it's funny...a guy I work with recently came back from Disney World where he had a glass of Franziskaner for the first time. He loved it and raved about it (I also like Franzi). But what does he do? Gets more Bud light here at home. ???

:laugh: :laugh: