Mr.Beer Community
JoshR

Booster Temporarily Out of Stock - Free Deluxe Upgrades

As you may have noticed, our Booster is temporarily out of stock. It won't be back in until mid-August. To make up for this, we are offering Deluxe upgrades of every Standard Refill Kit at no extra charge. That means instead of Booster, you will get a LME instead.

When ordering your kit, be sure to enter the following code into the Discount Codes field in your cart: UPGRADE2015.

To get the discount, you would put one of the Deluxe refill kits in your cart. Once you enter the code, it will discount the kit to the Standard Refill price.

• Like 4

So many deals, so few Dinero's.. Mr. Beer is singlehandedly going to force me to work a second and third job to support this habit. Problem is that will leave no time to actually brew the product I can potentially buy. That is the definition of a conundrum,..

• Like 1

Drink mr beer products at work...problem solved

Kind of frowned upon at my ambulance agency.

• Like 3

Kind of frowned upon at my ambulance agency.

Yea, I could see having to do a breath alcohol on one of our EMT's. :blink:

• Like 1

As you may have noticed, our Booster is temporarily out of stock. It won't be back in until mid-August. To make up for this, we are offering Deluxe upgrades of every Standard Refill Kit at no extra charge. That means instead of Booster, you will get a LME instead.

When ordering your kit, be sure to enter the following code into the Discount Codes field in your cart: UPGRADE2015.

Yikes.  That entire page shows OUT OF STOCK.  Eek!  Wouldn't want to be in charge of inventory at Mr. Beer.

• Like 2

Drink mr beer products at work...problem solved

This is about 50% of my job. lol.

• Like 2

Since it's your job to drink beer, does that take any of the fun out of it? (serious question, btw)

I grew up in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, and I had friends whose Dads worked in the old Hudepohl, Schoenling, and Wiedemann breweries.

They were allowed to drink beer on the job, but I thought it might be different if drinking beer was a required part of your job.

• Like 1

Since it's your job to drink beer, does that take any of the fun out of it? (serious question, btw)

Not at all. It's not like I sit here and get drunk all day...lol. In fact, I don't usually like drinking before 4pm, but I do enjoy the tastings we have as a company. Any time we get a new seasonal or a new recipe, we like to taste it first before it goes out (it helps us in customer service to know our products). I do a lot of experimentation and it doesn't always taste good...lol. But there is definitely a good amount of fun in tasting and experimenting. But that's exactly why I'm in this line of work. And that's why I've worked at several homebrew supply shops. I love good beer, and I love teaching people how to make good beer. When you have that much enthusiasm for a job you love, the "fun" never goes away.

• Like 4

Yikes.  That entire page shows OUT OF STOCK.  Eek!  Wouldn't want to be in charge of inventory at Mr. Beer.

I'm sure that's because the booster is out of stock. You probably have to buy just the can, and use the code to get the LME added on.

Does one just order the can of extract and use the code?

And, will it come with no-rinse cleanser?

Does one just order the can of extract and use the code?

And, will it come with no-rinse cleanser?

Good question and one I should have addressed. To get the discount, you would put one of the Deluxe refill kits in your cart. Once you enter the code, it will discount the kit to the Standard Refill price. All Deluxe kits come with a No-Rinse cleanser.

I've updated the original post with more detailed instructions.

• Like 3

Not at all. It's not like I sit here and get drunk all day...lol. In fact, I don't usually like drinking before 4pm, but I do enjoy the tastings we have as a company. Any time we get a new seasonal or a new recipe, we like to taste it first before it goes out (it helps us in customer service to know our products). I do a lot of experimentation and it doesn't always taste good...lol. But there is definitely a good amount of fun in tasting and experimenting. But that's exactly why I'm in this line of work. And that's why I've worked at several homebrew supply shops. I love good beer, and I love teaching people how to make good beer. When you have that much enthusiasm for a job you love, the "fun" never goes away.

Did you get to try the Australian Sparkling Ale yet? I've been fermenting it just over a week and I'm really excited about it.

I did. It's my favorite out of the Seasonals, so far. Very crisp and refreshing - well balanced. I've always been a fan of Cooper's original Sparkling ale and this comes very close. It is made by the same people, after all...lol. This beer would also make a great base for other styles, too. But I can't wait until you see what we have in store for our Fall and Winter Seasonals. ;)

• Like 1

I suddenly despise my job. 

I'm looking for a very good reason to get off the ambulance. Body is getting to old and broken to play in a young kids game. Please hire me, I'm a fast learner.. Plus I can provide medical if needed since I am, after all a paramedic. 

• Like 4

There was a time when I was between Hospital jobs and was visiting a winery where I knew the staff and winemaker. I was offered a position in their lab that I turned down. One of those times in your life when you look back and wonder what would have happened if I zigged instead of zagged. :unsure:  :(

There was a time when I was between Hospital jobs and was visiting a winery where I knew the staff and winemaker. I was offered a position in their lab that I turned down. One of those times in your life when you look back and wonder what would have happened if I zigged instead of zagged. :unsure:  :(

Knowing my luck, I'd probably zig into a brick wall then zag into a quicksand pit. 

• Like 2

I did. It's my favorite out of the Seasonals, so far. Very crisp and refreshing - well balanced. I've always been a fan of Cooper's original Sparkling ale and this comes very close. It is made by the same people, after all...lol. This beer would also make a great base for other styles, too. But I can't wait until you see what we have in store for our Fall and Winter Seasonals. ;)

going to start mine this weekend, pretty excited about it!  :D

• Like 2

Hey man, you're out there saving lives. That's pretty damn cool if you ask me. The world needs more people like that. Thank you for all you do as an EMT. :D

• Like 1

Hey man, you're out there saving lives. That's pretty damn cool if you ask me. The world needs more people like that. Thank you for all you do as an EMT. :D

Thank you Josh... The profession is noble but the body is starting to break down. Not as young as a spring chicken anymore. Little aches and pains from a 12 or 14 hour shift, that once took me a night to recover from, is now taking a day or more. I know my time on the streets is coming to a close so I need an alternative plan.

Teach future EMTs and Paramedics or something else.

• Like 1

Thank you Josh... The profession is noble but the body is starting to break down. Not as young as a spring chicken anymore. Little aches and pains from a 12 or 14 hour shift, that once took me a night to recover from, is now taking a day or more. I know my time on the streets is coming to a close so I need an alternative plan.

Teach future EMTs and Paramedics or something else.

Open a brewery. Everyone else is doing it! ;)

• Like 1

Open a brewery. Everyone else is doing it! ;)

One five gallon batch at a time. :)  Any five star chef's out there? I need a restaurant to attach to the brewery.

Rochester, NY was just named as the headquarters of the emerging Photonics industry. Federal and state government plus private investors are investing $110 million (Million with an M) in the greater Rochester area. There are going to be a lot of hungry and thirsty engineers, technicians and grunts in the city and surrounding area. This could be the start of a thriving business venture. 

Anyone???? anyone?????

I would if I could use pocket lint as a down payment!

In this area pocket lint is more valuable than gold. :)

One five gallon batch at a time. :)  Any five star chef's out there? I need a restaurant to attach to the brewery.

Rochester, NY was just named as the headquarters of the emerging Photonics industry. Federal and state government plus private investors are investing $110 million (Million with an M) in the greater Rochester area. There are going to be a lot of hungry and thirsty engineers, technicians and grunts in the city and surrounding area. This could be the start of a thriving business venture. 

Anyone???? anyone?????

I never ranked any stars, but I was a chef for 2 years at my sister's restaurant... I'd make someone a fine sous chef.

• Like 1

I never ranked any stars, but I was a chef for 2 years at my sister's restaurant... I'd make someone a fine sous chef.

I could see it now. You would both spend time brewing and no cooking would get done! :lol:

Probably would need specialty licenses to brew in a restaurant.

No, were it my job, I'd cook when I was supposed to.

*shrug*

Cool.... My first (and only) applicant. You are hired.

I could see it now. You would both spend time brewing and no cooking would get done! :lol:

Not necessarily, making beer is a form of cooking... Amiright????

Probably would need specialty licenses to brew in a restaurant.

No, were it my job, I'd cook when I was supposed to.

*shrug*

How are you on pasta dishes??

Get that sucker open! B) I could see it now, it would be a bucket list item for every serious Mr Beer community member. Kind of like a pilgrimage. ;)

To get the discount, you would put one of the Deluxe refill kits in your cart. Once you enter the code, it will discount the kit to the Standard Refill price.

JoshR, are we doing a good job distracting customers from the fact the Booster is out of stock?????

Get that sucker open! B) I could see it now, it would be a bucket list item for every serious Mr Beer community member. Kind of like a pilgrimage. ;)

Then I'm going to need investors.

JoshR, are we doing a good job distracting customers from the fact the Booster is out of stock?????

Josh, sounds like a business opportunity for the Mr. Beer powers that be! B)

• Like 2

Cool.... My first (and only) applicant. You are hired.

How are you on pasta dishes??

Pretty decent, I suppose. I make my mac & cheese from scratch, and have been known to make Alfredo sauces and have used prosciutto in dishes before.

Stay away from anyone with any ties to the mafia. Seriously.

:(

Josh, sounds like a business opportunity for the Mr. Beer powers that be! B)

I make an awesome beer 'n cheese soup that always goes over well come football season. I used to use Brooklyn Brewery's Brown Ale, but I could see a Mr. Beer porter making the cut. I use beer in my BBQ sauce all the time, same with chili. I like to par-boil bratwurst in beer (with mustard seeds) before grilling.

Um... trying to figure out how to use more beer in cooking...

:)

I make an awesome beer 'n cheese soup that always goes over well come football season. I used to use Brooklyn Brewery's Brown Ale, but I could see a Mr. Beer porter making the cut. I use beer in my BBQ sauce all the time, same with chili. I like to par-boil bratwurst in beer (with mustard seeds) before grilling.

Um... trying to figure out how to use more beer in cooking...

:)

Our CSR manager, Renee, made an awesome baked chicken awhile back that was glazed with a Pale LME Softpack. It was outstanding!

• Like 2

Our CSR manager, Renee, made an awesome baked chicken awhile back that was glazed with a Pale LME Softpack. It was outstanding!

Oh, now I want to do that... I think I'd use the Smooth, though...

^_^

• Like 1

The new photonics businesses are going to need fermentation rooms off their lobbys like brew pubs :lol:

• Like 1

Sabres/Slym,

This thing seems to be picking up some steam. B) Gotta strike while the iron's hot!

Oh, now I want to do that... I think I'd use the Smooth, though...

^_^

Our maybe robust....

Starting to get good recipe idea for food...

When did Mr. Beer start including a package of booster with a standard refill?  When I bought some standard refills last August, it was just the HME can and a package of sanitizer.  I'm glad Mr. Beer is doing this since most people begin with a standard recipe and 3.1% ABV beer is a poor way to begin homebrewing.  I do question the 5% that's stated with the standard refills now as I'd expect an HME can and booster to yield something around 4.2% or 4.3%.

A few months ago they brought booster back with the standard. That should get it up to around 4.5%.

A few months ago they brought booster back with the standard. That should get it up to around 4.5%.

They state the ever-inflated 5.0% on the standard refill pages.

JoshR has said that it is not an ABV average for the beer you are getting, it is what people expect the kinds of beer you are looking at to have, or some such nonsense. IMHO, that sounds like so much "company line" - but I understand why they have to say it.

Yea, I could see having to do a breath alcohol on one of our EMT's. :blink:

I used to drive NEMT (Non Emergency Medical Transport) for a Federal Veterans Administration contractor. The company was (and still is) horribly abusive of its drivers, scheduling them dramatically varying shift times each day. Because they are driving commercially in the state of California, even without a commercial license, their maximum BAC is not .08 but .04 instead.

Needless to say not only could you not have even one light beer on an hour lunch, but even worse were "on-call" weeks. Regardless of your scheduled shifts for the week, for a four day block, off the clock time between 18:00 and 06:00 you were on call and needed to be able to reach the San Diego airport within 45 minutes of a radio call. This basically meant you couldn't drink any alcohol the whole darn week.

Worse yet, all this off the clock time was unpaid, except for a moderately generous flat fee for a pickup/drop off. The company did give you free use of the vehicle for the time, as well as free gas, but that doesn't help much when you can't travel more than 45 minutes away....