Mr.Beer Community
ebiz1976

How bad did I screw up??

Just checked the temp on my batch of Oktoberfest in LBK and noticed an odd shape.  Realized that the plastic ring from around the neck of gallon water jug (which I used to fill the remaining way up to 8.5) had fallen in the LBK.  It'd been in there for 3 hours.  I quickly used some sanitizer on some tongs and retrieved it.

Chances I've ruined the batch.....?

Bonehead move on batch #2 of my career.

ehh, you're probably fine. Just wait and see how it turns out. I'll bet you'll have beer ready to be bottled in 3 weeks. ;)

• Like 1

I've got a can of this Oktoberfest to brew up myself, I've also got some Amber (Smooth) DME to add to it. I'm looking forward to see how it tastes.

I agree your probably good. Take a small taste right before you bottle, if it tastes like flat beer your good.

The only way to know for sure is to have your beer tested by a certified professional.

Bottle it when it's time and mail it to:

Rickbeer

124 I Will Drink Your Beer Lane

Ann Arbor, MI 48105

I will test each bottle for you and send you a written report with ratings on the IDYB scale, from B to S:

B: Burp! Good brew.

E: Ehh! I've had better.

S: Swill! Your beer tastes like deer urine.

• Like 5

The only way to know for sure is to have your beer tested by a certified professional.

Bottle it when it's time and mail it to:

Rickbeer

124 I Will Drink Your Beer Lane

Ann Arbor, MI 48105

I will test each bottle for you and send you a written report with ratings on the IDYB scale, from B to S:

B: Burp! Good brew.

E: Ehh! I've had better.

Using of course an appropriate private shipper as USPS will not accept alcohol for mailing....

Haha! Unreal Rick!

PS I'll send you a liter if your Wolverines can cover the spread when my mighty (and rebuilding) Oregon State Beavers come to The Big House week 2!

• Like 1

I have never tasted deer urine.

I think he has been eating the wrong part of the deer. (Doh doh) "Homer Simpson"

The plastic bottle lock in the wort should not hurt anything at all.

Haha! Unreal Rick!

PS I'll send you a liter if your Wolverines can cover the spread when my mighty (and rebuilding) Oregon State Beavers come to The Big House week 2!

Only a month a way and the CFB smack talk has started. Love it!

I'm going to keep quiet on this until we see how the new Florida Gator coach does :ph34r:

• Like 1

once the yeast get really going I doubt anything much would survive in there as far as germs. youre probably ok.