Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

Happy International Beer Day!!

Today is International Beer Day! Since we have so many fantastic international refills, we decided to turn it into a week long celebration. Today, we celebrate the Weissbier.

Weissbier, in German, literally means "White Beer." This name was bestowed upon the beer thanks to the yellow-white coloring of the beer that is attributed to the pale malted wheat the beer is made from. According to German law, any Weissbier must be made from at least 50% malted wheat. In America, it is often times referred to as a Hefeweizen or Wheat Beer.

Today only, get 10% off our Bavarian Weissbier Deluxe refill to celebrate this delicious brew!

We will have a new International can on sale every day for the week to celebrate beers from around the world. Cheers!

IS there any way to know what other kits will be on sale?  I love the wheats, but I want to do a red my next batch, and I need to place my order for bottles!

or maybe I'll get that and a can of Apricot and do a fruity wheat  :D

I saw the instructions say to add the fruit at time of brewing, but I thought i saw on the boards to add it after a week?

I don't even know what kits will be on sale each day until the day of. That's all Sarah and the marketing department.

I will look into updating that Apricot Wheat recipe because you really should add the fruit after a week for best flavor.

I don't even know what kits will be on sale each day until the day of. That's all Sarah and the marketing department.

I will look into updating that Apricot Wheat recipe because you really should add the fruit after a week for best flavor.

Sweet! (no pun intended).

I think I might try dark cherries instead.   1 or two cans do you think?

• Like 1

Sweet! (no pun intended).

I think I might try dark cherries instead.   1 or two cans do you think?

I'd go with 2, definitely.

• Like 1

You're not just saying that to get me to buy more, are you?  ;)

If I earned commission, I would say yes. But I don't so, no.

• Like 1

IS there any way to know what other kits will be on sale?  I love the wheats, but I want to do a red my next batch, and I need to place my order for bottles!

We will have our Oktoberfest, Aztec Cerveza, Canadian Blonde, Czech Pilsner, and Irish Stout deluxe refills on sale over the next 6 days (in that order). 

• Like 7