Mr.Beer Community
forgetaboudit

Anyone selling equipment?

I searched and couldn't find a classified area... I was wondering if anyone was selling any of their equipment?  Getting out of brewing, downsizing, upgrading? 

There isn't a classified section on the forums. One avenue to pursue would be to look for equipment listed on Craigslist. If you have an LHBS close to you, check with them. Often they know of people who are upgrading their equipment and want to sell. Also do a google search for home brew clubs. If there is a home brew club near you, they could be a good source for gear. Not to mention that it might be a good idea to join as they would be a source of information and encouragement.

Because we're spread out in different states, a classified section could be a ripe place for scammers. We wouldn't put our community at risk with such a section. I'm not saying any of you guys would ever do that, but there are plenty of other people that would. As these other guys said, Craigslist is a better resource because you can find items locally and not have to worry about sending money to a stranger in another state and not getting your goods. 

• Like 1

I've checked Craigslist.. I thought there would be a plethora of equipment as I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area (Beer drinkers GALORE).  But there isn't really anything surprisingly. :huh:
I am a part of a motorcycle forum and the classified section is huge.  They use PayPal and everything works out great.  Just figured I'd see if it was a part here as well.  Worth a check

As others have already said, craigslist. I've bought most of my brewing equipment through it. I do a wider than local area search and sometimes come up with quite a few ads for home brewing equipment.

I've checked Craigslist.. I thought there would be a plethora of equipment as I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area (Beer drinkers GALORE). But there isn't really anything surprisingly. :huh:

I am a part of a motorcycle forum and the classified section is huge. They use PayPal and everything works out great. Just figured I'd see if it was a part here as well. Worth a check

Make certain to check Ebay. I have found a number of good deals on Ebay. Actually, the best price I have found for DME is through an Ebay seller.

• Like 1

Right on the edge by Wauwatosa. 49th and galena. Born and raised in GB. We have friends in Milwaukee still but don't get down near enough.

Right on! I don't get down there as often as I used to. I used to ride motorcycles all over the place down there, but ever since all the shootings and crime, I try to steer clear... Kind of sucks...

Right before I moved to milwaukee I read it was rated number one in the US for car jackings, bought some brass knuckles. Good city, cool like minneapolis just a little dirtier.

My brother was in the VA hospital in Minneapolis 2 years ago. I went to visit and I was amazed at how clean the city was. The river and park running through downtown was beautiful and never would've thought I was in the middle of a big metropolis

You're about my age, if you're in the GB area hit me up. I'll tell you some bars with massive beer menus. I'm sure milwaukee has them too but it's nice to know a good spot when in a different city.

Btw I have no input on the original topic of the post. Sorry

Absolutely! I've only been out and about in GB once. That was for my first Packers game when Rodgers went down with a broken collarbone. We went to a brewery on the train tracks and next to a canal I believe? They had a great selection and just about every beer I tried was damn good. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place though...

Make certain to check Ebay. I have found a number of good deals on Ebay. Actually, the best price I have found for DME is through an Ebay seller.

Would you mind sharing which seller? The last DME I bought from Northern Brewer, pretty good price but I was also buying other stuff there, so I bought it there to save on shipping.

Would you mind sharing which seller? The last DME I bought from Northern Brewer, pretty good price but I was also buying other stuff there, so I bought it there to save on shipping.

12lbs of DME with free shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131518203975?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=430889439426&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's even better than http://dmemart.com/?page_id=403

• Like 1

That was titletown brewery, pretty much the greatest place on earth. They just started selling their beer in stores too. Their johnny blood red beer is in my top 5 beers of all time

• Like 1

Craigslist Orlando Household Mr. Beer

3 LBK's Pet Bottles and otherstuff 20.00