Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff (Klingdom)

What Bottle Capper Work with these Bottles?

Right, you're not going to use a wing capper on those bottles.  A bench capper would work IF the top is exactly the same size, but I have no idea if it is or not.  You'd have to see if a cap fit.

Why would you buy swing top bottles and then use a capper?  

I bought these bottles because I was undecided and and I read a review that it was the best of both worlds because you can cap them. I can cap with the capper I have but I have to catch the clasp in one of the holes (where the flip lids attach) for it to work. I was hoping there was a capper out there for these bottles.

If the caps fit, any bench capper would work fine.  Your capper grabs the bottom lip, hence your problem.

Paging Rickbeer:  So I bought the bench capper you recommended. I've not bottled yet, but I was practicing a little with it. After crimping, when I bring the handle up, the cap is stuck pretty tight in the bell. I have to wiggle the bottle around to get it to release.

Is this normal? Just new and tight?  I'm afraid I'm going to loosen the cap by wiggling the bottle with the cap stuck to the bell. 

There are so many places to go with this...   :lol:

Give a light spray of PAM.  Wipe with paper towel.  

No problem.  I had the same issue.  I think I've hit it once more in the 2 1/2 years I've owned it.