Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

Mr. Beer Rewards is now LIVE!!

As some of you may have noticed on your accounts, you can now receive points for making purchases, sharing on social media, and referring friends. These points can be used for discounts on future purchases, or they can be used on exclusive points-only items on our Rewards page. The more you buy, the more points you are eligible to earn. This loyalty program can lead to awesome discounts and exclusive items.

Everything you need to know about the Mr. Beer Rewards loyalty program can be found here: http://www.mrbeer.com/mrbeer-rewards

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here or give me a call. Cheers!

EDIT: Additional info that may or may not apply to your account: http://support.mrbeer.com/support/solutions/articles/5000676460

• Like 3

NOTE: Please forgive any brief website outages we may have for the next few days as we are still doing some testing to make sure the system has been fully implemented. Report any issues here.  

When clicking on "redeem your points" in the email this is what I get

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 515817255723

Yep got am error code as well. Ill check back in before i make a purchase so i gt my points. I can finally make beer again. Summer i couldnt keep beer at 65 for fermentation.

Thanks for the initial feedback.

Due to the response of the e-mail blast, our sites may not be accessible at the moment.  We apologize for any inconvenience as we fix this problem.

I just reviewed my account.  I received 100 points on September 29, 2015 and another 100 points also on September 29, 2015.  Then on October 1, 2015 200 points were transferred.  All these transactions were done by the System Administrator.  Why did it happen and will I get the 100 points back?

I just reviewed my account.  I received 100 points on September 29, 2015 and another 100 points also on September 29, 2015.  Then on October 1, 2015 200 points were transferred.  All these transactions were done by the System Administrator.  Why did it happen and will I get the 100 points back?

When the system was being initialized some user accounts were incorrectly added points, and so at a later date we had to remove them from your account.

As part of the announcement e-mail we asked that customer interested in receiving their 100 points click on a button so that we may manually adjust their account to the correct levels.

If anybody does not receive their points that should have, then we will add them in, no questions asked.

Were you guys drinking when you set the levels?  Lots of people spending $2,000 a year with you?

Lots of people spending $2,000 a year with you?

Yes, there are. That's why they will get a Platinum level.

• Like 2

Were you guys drinking when you set the levels?

Were this the case, there would've been a lot more bad spelling, cursing, and "I love you man"s in the email.

• Like 1

Not in writing the email, in setting the levels.

Josh:  Hey man, I think we should do it like that catalog, you know, Neiman Marcus.  They have like, cool stuff, like his and her quadskis for $50,000.  Cocktail machine for $35,000.  How about we offer like a lifetime of Mr. Beer for 50 katrillion dollars?

Tim: No dude, that's crazy.  50 Katrillion is too many.  47 Katrillion.

Josh: Good stuff dude, alright man.

• Like 1

RickBeer: Money off my order is insufficient. More money off my order, please. :P

I'm also flattered that you think I'm in charge of anything around here

I was trying to give you guys credit for brainstorming, then realized that part of the word was missing...  Bah, dah bum!

• Like 1

He'll be here all week, folks!

Seriously though, we do appreciate feedback. I don't want to create the impression that we're blowing off criticism and concerns, or we aren't listening. You are, of course, free to ignore the reward points if you don't think it will work for you, it won't affect anything if you don't use them.

Hey, I just placed an order last week, any way to get those points onto my account? For the double-whammy, I wasn't logged in 'cos I forgot my stupid password (had to change it just today) so I just ordered under the "guest" tab.

If not, no worries. It wasn't even $30.

:)

Hey, I just placed an order last week, any way to get those points onto my account? For the double-whammy, I wasn't logged in 'cos I forgot my stupid password (had to change it just today) so I just ordered under the "guest" tab.

If not, no worries. It wasn't even $30.

:)

Unfortunately, the program isn't retroactive. Sorry! :(

• Like 1

Just now, RickBeer said:

Dead in 5 months.  Wow.

Yeah, people just didn't take advantage of it enough to continue the program. Fortunately, all current points will be converted to their $ value equivalent as an account credit. To use your credit, simply checkout as normal and select Gift Card Credit to checkout. Your Gift Card balance from your old points will be applied to your purchase.

Unfortunate. I said then that it was too complicated. Simple please works.  Loyalty programs that don'the create loyalty are a dime a dozen.

16 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Unfortunate. I said then that it was too complicated. Simple please works.  Loyalty programs that don'the create loyalty are a dime a dozen.

It wasn't too complicated. Many companies use similar programs with great results, which is why we implemented it. Unfortunately, in our case, our customers were more receptive to the emails and sales than the point system.

It reminds me of the Mr. Beer Fans forum. We were paying for something that simply wasn't getting used. It didn't have anything to do with the functionality of the program, just the participation...or lack of participation, I should say.

2 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

It reminds me of the Mr. Beer Fans forum. We were paying for something that simply wasn't getting used. It didn't have anything to do with the functionality of the program, just the participation...or lack of participation, I should say.

What are the fan forums???

I would like to be a part of the fan forums....where do I sign up?????

Just now, RickBeer said:

Forum that was closed.

Just my luck.....I feel like I'm always a day late....a dollar short.

19 minutes ago, MrWhy said:

Just my luck.....I feel like I'm always a day late....a dollar short.

We'll be your fans, MrWhy.  Go Why!  Woooo hooooo, MrWhy!  There ya go! :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

We'll be your fans, MrWhy.  Go Why!  Woooo hooooo, MrWhy!  There ya go! :)

Just so long as no one expects me to pay for a fan forum!

• Like 1

You want loyalty, do a buy ten get one free on refills or something. I checked out the rewards when this thing launched. You set your rewards insanely high. Don't place the blame on the consumer for this failure.

Agree with jsherman. I did not find the rewards program any incentive to buy more.

Customers may have product loyalty but maybe not always source loyalty. Especially when one can sometimes get bigger discounts on sales and specials online. Not for every thing but for some refills, sometimes.

I will buy direct from Mr B on good sales when I can, or when Mr B is offering things I cannot get elsewhere, but will also buy the product on good discounts online or in store when available.  Many times online one can get free shipping too, and for smaller orders, say <$50, this is significant.

Still, Mr B team offers value with support etc that is not available from other online sources of Mr B products but that value transfers to the Mr B products bought through other channels too, so it is not easy from outside to see what might be reasonable for Mr B to do directly on discounts. I figure (in theory) what the team there do should be partly corporate sponsored based on support for the total line sales (all channels) and part paid for by the direct sales.  Other distribution channels can absorb specific product losses and make it up on other products more easily compared to the Mr B direct sales I would think - also making difficult to compare discounts.

No matter - ignoring the discussion above, I am sure good discounts would increase Mr B's direct sales. Customers always like lower prices :lol: and better taste.^_^

• Like 3

I think you should just give me all the stuff I want for free. Is that sustainable?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kevin Caffrey said:

IMO, shipping should be free for purchases $50 or higher; $75 is a bit much.

Kevin

We don't have free shipping at all unless it's a promotion. Sometimes it's $50, sometimes it's $75, sometimes it's $100. But even at $100, you'd be surprised at how many people take advantage of it. But we do have free shipping promotions often.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MRB Josh R said:

We don't have free shipping at all unless it's a promotion. Sometimes it's $50, sometimes it's $75, sometimes it's $100. But even at $100, you'd be surprised at how many people take advantage of it. But we do have free shipping promotions often.

Is there a place to sign up for emails when these sales occur?

So when do I get to see these screamin' deals for which you killed the program? I made one purchase and had a total of a buck fifty in the system, hadn't even gotten off to a good start.