Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoppySmile!

Coopers Sparkling Ale

since I have the mr. beer sparkling ale in bottles waiting ever so patiently for them to be ready to be consumed, I've been indulging myself into the Coopers brand sparkling ale, and very surprised how great tasting this beer is!. even on the label it reads  there's a fine sediment at the bottom of the bottles and after chilled it won't hamper flavor, but it seems to add character and remind me of the sediment I have in my bottles, so I feel right at home with this beer!

• Like 2

That's probably because they're bottle conditioned just like yours.  A lot of breweries are going back to this on some of their beers.  I remember several years ago when I was still naive about beer making LOML and I were in a restaurant called Grizzlies (regional chain restaurant with good food and a small but impressive beer selsction).  Leinies  made/makes a "special" beer just for them that they had on tap called "Bear Paw Ale".  I use to love it.  Then one day I noticed something at the bottom of my glass that didn't look right.  I asked for another beer but this time in a clean glass.  The manager told me that it was normal for this beer.  "It was yeast that was left behind in the kegging of the beer." he told me.  Well now that I know a thing or two about brewing I understand what he was telling me.

• Like 1

I, too, love Coopers Sparkling Ale. It's one of my favorite beers. Not too offensive or abrasive, but not boring either. It's a great representation of what a typical beer should taste like. Good stuff. :)

• Like 3

Where can I buy that already made - is it the same as the Seasonal??

It's based on the same thing. You should be able to do an internet search for distributors from their website and see if it's distributed in your area.

funny thing is I bought their pale ale at the same time, but wasn't too impressed with it, however, the sparkling ale was a definite rewarding experience

I did, it is nice. I like that Pride of Ringwood hop.

Maybe Mr B can talk to Cooper's about getting the pellets for this site?? 

I did start the Seasonal one and that, after 12 hours from pitching, is full to top of LBK with foam - LBK @ 69 deg, ambient at 66 deg. (No spills though.)

• Like 1

I can't seem to leave my Sparkling Ale alone long enough to truly condition so I can truly enjoy what it's suppose to really taste like!  it taste fine Right Now!!! LOL!

• Like 2

The goal is to enjoy it, so it doesn't matter how long you leave it as long as you do :-D

Yeah, my beer has been tasting sweeter lately I think, but it still seems to have fermented out and does not bottle bomb and gives the kick that was expected. I am thinking it depends on the extra malt I put in. I have (shhh!) been using that other brand's Sparkling Amber and Traditional Dark to add flavor.

• Like 1

i'm thinking as well, if a person was to do an all grain batch, and cutting out the hme's, and most of the dme, surely that would make a difference in the sweetness you would think?

I also saw a post that  older liquid malt (LME/HME tends to taste sweeter. Maybe there is some chemical change over time that renders more of the sugars unfermentable

true, but like u said, if it tastes good to u, then who cares what others think? I'll be bottling my octoberfest/marzen this weekend, and prior to the secondary I added wyeast pack of octoberfest, and now i'm hooked on that stuff! I tried a sample a few days ago, and the flavor I believe was tremendously enhanced by that particular yeast pack!

Not even sometimes. Your credibility is wrecked, as I can never be cool. Admit defeat and move on.

• Like 1

Yet you just said that I was cool right before that. Now, because I say I am not, you say I am not. You cannot graciously accept defeat. That's a sign.

There's something going on here, but I'll let everyone figure it out for themselves.

:)

my 5 gallon coopers sparkling ale extract arrived the other day. it says in the ad it makes up to 6 gallons, but on the can it says 5 gallons, along with the addition of a lb of ligt DME, and maltodextrin i believe. I think i'll trust what the can says. looking forward to brewing this one