Mr.Beer Community
Josh B

Post Upgrade Community Help Thread

If you're having any issues with the new Mr.beer Community you may post them in this thread or in the Community Help forum, and we'll work hard to get you situated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Not so much an issue to be resolved, but could having the images at the top of the front page of the forum be an option that people can enable/disable?

Thanks.

I'm trying to see Unread Topics.  Not "all content", "status updates" or "images".  I change the "stream", update results, and I'm all set.  Until the next time I visit or click on Unread again.  I do use the site on multiple platforms (PC and Android), but I've set this on all of them and it does not seem to stick.  Very annoying.

Also, if I read all the items, and respond to one, my response now is "unread".  My own response?  Don't recall that being the case prior to upgrade.

When posting a link on a PC, I highlight the word text, click on the link symbol, past in the url, and I'm all set.  On my Android tablet, it doesn't put the link in the right place, it puts it to the right of the highlighted text.  Example:

I want to put a link where the words "Mr. Beer Site" are.  So, here it is on the PC.  

Now, here it is on the tablet, putting a link on the words 

"Mr. Beer Site". Mr. Beer Site 

On 12/26/2015 at 6:06 AM, RickBeer said:

I'm trying to see Unread Topics.  Not "all content", "status updates" or "images".  I change the "stream", update results, and I'm all set.  Until the next time I visit or click on Unread again.  I do use the site on multiple platforms (PC and Android), but I've set this on all of them and it does not seem to stick.  Very annoying.

Also, if I read all the items, and respond to one, my response now is "unread".  My own response?  Don't recall that being the case prior to upgrade.

RickBeer, I believe this will be resolved for you by actually creating a new stream.  Under: Activity > My Activity Streams > "Create New Stream" Button

When you save this new stream it will be saved to your account for use until deleted.  

On 12/28/2015 at 6:46 PM, Marlymarl said:

Help with posting pics from mobile phone on the community forum ..., 

We'll be looking into this.  Thanks!

23 hours ago, RickBeer said:

When posting a link on a PC, I highlight the word text, click on the link symbol, past in the url, and I'm all set.  On my Android tablet, it doesn't put the link in the right place, it puts it to the right of the highlighted text.  Example:

I want to put a link where the words "Mr. Beer Site" are.  So, here it is on the PC.  

Now, here it is on the tablet, putting a link on the words 

"Mr. Beer Site". Mr. Beer Site 

I'll have to look into this, though i imagine it's along the lines of the highlight functionality being more of a Android operating system specific function, that does not communicate with the browser or our Community such that our Community software would recognize highlighted text. 

I'll need to steal somebody's Android phone...   :ph34r:

• Like 1

This would be a question for Josh B. He does all the technical forum stuff.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sabres032 said:

@MRB Josh B or @MRB Josh R Is there anyway to create a dark theme option for the forum? 

This may be something we choose to pursue down the road. 

15 minutes ago, MRB Josh B said:

This may be something we choose to pursue down the road. 

Cool. Thanks. :thumbup

On 12/23/2015 at 2:35 PM, slym2none said:

Not so much an issue to be resolved, but could having the images at the top of the front page of the forum be an option that people can enable/disable?

Thanks.

:unsure:

13 hours ago, slym2none said:
On 12/23/2015 at 0:35 PM, slym2none said:

Thanks.

:unsure:

Unfortunately this particular block of content does not have the ability to be disabled on a per user level, though i'm looking into making that a feature down the road potentially. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MRB Josh B said:

Unfortunately this particular block of content does not have the ability to be disabled on a per user level, though i'm looking into making that a feature down the road potentially. 

Thanks, JoshB!

On 12/23/2015 at 0:35 PM, slym2none said:

Thanks.

I rarely look at the front page. I just create an activity stream and watch that instead. No top images there. ;)

well I have no complaints, I do like the way the images appear on my profile, they're bigger, and selecting a photo to the next is more convenient.

I just left some reviews & they all say they are waiting to be reviewed by a moderator. Maybe they show up as "anonymous" until then?

1 minute ago, slym2none said:

I just left some reviews & they all say they are waiting to be reviewed by a moderator. Maybe they show up as "anonymous" until then?

Yeah, could be.

Great observation @Bonsai & Brew and @slym2none

The Anonymous handle is used until the display name has been moderated.   Both the review and the display name are moderated independently of one another. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slym2none said:

I want to like your post, but I am at my 25-like limit on the day already.

:(

Try it now.

:ph34r:

I had been looking into this, and while the vast majority of users do not hit their limit, I suppose if somebody is willing to spread the "like" love, then why stop them... to a degree.

The limit has been bumped to 60 for the time being.

• Like 2

@Creeps McLane Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We've had other instances of this happen, and we're looking into what may be causing such problems.

If you, or anyone else can forward me the validation e-mail that you received, i can take action to both try and validate your reviews and confirm that you'll be part of the review gift card promo.

Please send it to Joshb@mrbeer.com

• Like 1

15 hours ago, slym2none said:

No issue using a computer.

;)

I use my phone for everything. If I'm on my computer, it's late at night and I'm at least buzzed. That's when you'll see me post some very random stuff

im just glad I could post a pic of my problem from my phone. Good job fixing that one MB

• Like 1

ok complaint number one, can't seem to load photos on my profile, when its in stage two, the screen freezes. cud be just a glitch?

On 1/9/2016 at 8:48 PM, HoppySmile! said:

ok complaint number one, can't seem to load photos on my profile, when its in stage two, the screen freezes. cud be just a glitch?

That is odd @HoppySmile!

What size and file type are the images?

Additionally, what browser and version of it are you running?

Thanks!

the size and file type has been from my cell phone, where all my beer pics were taken. so I really dn't think all of a sudden that would be an issue? I am using windows 10, enternet explorer.

@HoppySmile!, I would suggest checking your browser version as Microsoft has stopped supporting Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 as of today. They only support IE 11 for now.  I recommend Firefox, Google Chrome, or even Microsoft's new browser, Edge. Not sure if this is your problem, and I'm sure @MRB Josh B will find a solution for you, but I just thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1