Mr.Beer Community

Can any suggest the best priming solution. I'm a beginner and I'm trying to make sure I'm doing this right. Should I use the tablets or sugar?

For the first couple of batches I might recommend the Carb drops. It makes it easy to complete some beers successfully. Then, when you feel confident with the basic process you can then move on to batch priming. That's just my opinion. I'm certain that you get any number of thoughts on this subject.

When you have 5 different brewers, you have 6 different opinions! :lol:

• Like 2

I bottle prime using sugar. It's a little bit of a pain, but I have no worries as I know each bottle gets the right amount of priming sugar. It's worth it, to me.

• Like 1

Yep! Just white sugar - 1/2 teaspoon per 12-oz bottle for stouts & lower-carbed beers, 3/4 tsp for everything else.

Some people use the Domino sugar "dots" as they are 1/2 tsp of sugar in a cube that fits into the bottle. I just personally think 1/2 tsp of sugar isn't enough carbonation for most beers. I just use a small funnel & my measuring spoons. With 22-24 bottles, it really isn't bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scottr said:

Can any suggest the best priming solution. I'm a beginner and I'm trying to make sure I'm doing this right. Should I use the tablets or sugar?

There is no "best".  Sugar is sugar is sugar.  Some types of sugar may need a higher or lower concentration, but they all result in the same end product - carbonated beer.

The CHEAPEST is table sugar, using Mr. Beer's sugar measurer for ease of use.

• Like 1