Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyPalm

Second 2 gallon kit ordered and on the way

I ordered my second 2 gallon kit and  hopefully this one will come with the Diablo IPA like the other one should have... but just in case I ordered the IPA from Mr Beer. I also ordered  the Cool Brewing, LLC home brew cooler for better temp control here in beautiful sunny hot South Florida, a thermometer (the last kit didn't have a thermometer or the collar clips in it) another case of 740ml bottles so I can brew the beer that comes with the kit  and I also ordered some small bags of hops. I will not add the hops to the IPA. I want them to use as a dip between my cheek and gum to get a feel for how they taste and smell. I may also make a tea with them. I think I read somewhere where its good for sleep. I ordered the Warrior, Cascade and Falconers Flight hops.  I have my water bottles in the freezer already. I cant wait! I haven't even tasted my first brew and I think I am already addicted. This site is amazing with all of the info. 

• Like 2

You can put some hops between your cheek & gum, but I imagine it's something you'll only do once.

:D

2 LBKs will not be enough.  To be able to do something brew-related at least once a week, you will need the minimum of 3 LBKs, assuming the full 21-day fermentation cycle...:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

2 LBKs will not be enough.  To be able to do something brew-related at least once a week, you will need the minimum of 3 LBKs, assuming the full 21-day fermentation cycle...:)

Plus another one for batch priming... Just saying, might as well make it 4

• Like 1