Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Marlymarl

Marlymarl

Every time a post a pic it tells me I can only upload 3 mb and the pic file is only 1.3 my. Can anyone help?

On 12/27/2015 at 4:14 PM, Marlymarl said:

Every time a post a pic it tells me I can only upload 3 mb and the pic file is only 1.3 my. Can anyone help?

On 12/28/2015 at 5:20 PM, Creeps McLane said:

I can't either, I phone 5c 9.2. Seems to upload all the way then give me an error message

Looking into this for you guys.  

Are the images being manipulated by any apps or filters that may save the images as a non-typical file type?

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience!

@Marlymarl @Creeps McLane

I've adjusted some of the settings.  Can you please attempt to upload the files from your iPhone's?

If it still does not work, then we can attempt more drastic measures. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately no it didn't work. Eror There was a problem uploading your file. The file was 1.9 mb image.jpeg that I just took from my phone

39 minutes ago, Marlymarl said:

Unfortunately no it didn't work. Eror There was a problem uploading your file. The file was 1.9 mb image.jpeg that I just took from my phone

Thank you Marlymarl.

I'll continue to investigate.

@Marlymarl  We believe that this has been resolved!

At your convenience, please test this on your phone and let us know.

@Marlymarl

I'd like to help figure this out for you.

What device are you using to upload?

What is the file type?

Are you able to upload smaller images?

Where is this message about the size limits being displayed?

27 minutes ago, MRB Josh B said:

@Marlymarl

I'd like to help figure this out for you.

What device are you using to upload?

What is the file type?

Are you able to upload smaller images?

Where is this message about the size limits being displayed?

I'm using the IPhone 6s+

file tyoe jpeg

i was able to upload a smaller picture once I changed the size format in my camera album 

I also was able to upliad a profile and background pic once but once I removed it I can't upliad anymore

is there anyway I can use a web version on my mobile phone like I could before you guys updated the fire?

That is quite odd.  We updated the Community to the latest release, which seemed to have fixed the issue at least we had thought.  I was just able to upload a 5.5Mb image with my "regular" user account on my Windows Phone, which did not work prior to the minor update.  With large files like that though there does seem to be some inconsistencies, though 1-2MB files should be fine.

I'm still confused as to where you're seeing the 3MB limit, as we currently do not have that limitation in place (though there could still be some old text that made it through saying as much.)

Are you able to upload anything via computer?

The way our site now works, is that the site "reflows" based on screen width, so unfortunately, with a phone screen, the site is just the same it's just that the graphical interface changes form.  If a desktop user manually adjusts the width of their browser, you'll eventually get small enough that the "Mobile" view will show.

I'll continue to look into this though.  Any other information that you have, please feel free to share it.

Thanks!