Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyPalm

very cloudy Ale

I just took my ale out of the closet after 20 days to check to make sure it is ready for bottling tomorrow. I had to have a taste. I poured a small nit into a little clear glass and it is very very cloudy. It taste very very good tho, just like a flat ale. The smell is very nice also. I shined a flashlight thru the bucket and could barely see the light thru the beer. I am using the 2 gallon craft beer kit from coopers. Its the translucent fermenter. Is this normal? How do I clear it up if not normal and how do I avoid it from happening in the future.

It is normal and doesn't affect the flavor of the beer. You can clear it up a bit by cold-crashing it (putting the fermenter in the fridge for a day or 2 before bottling), but again, it only affects the look and not the flavor. So unless you're entering into a competition, it doesn't really matter if it's cloudy or not.

• Like 1

No competition. Just wanted to make sure that it is normal. It smelled and taste very good. Will put it back in closet and bottle it tomorrow. 

Thanks for the speedy reply.

• Like 1