Estimated FG: 1.013
Alcohol by Volume: 5.0%
Alcohol by Weight: 3.9%

Ingredients
-----------
Honey                         0.75 lb, Sugar, Other
Mr. Beer BrewMax Smooth - LME 0.56 lb, Extract, Extract
Mr. Beer/Coopers Classic American Light1.87 lb, Extract, Extract

Falconers Flight 7c's- Aroma - Strong Fruit and citrus with layers of spicy nd earthty overtones1.00 oz, Pellet, 10 minutes

Mr. Beer/Coopers Classic American Light1.00 oz, Pellet, 5 minutes

Saaz (Czech) - Noble hop variety. Very spicy, cinnamon-like and earthy. recommended for Bohemian Pilsners and German and American Lagers0.50 oz, Pellet, 20 minutes

Safale S-05 Dry Ale Yeast     1.00 unit, Yeast, American: Temperature Range: 59¬∞-75¬∞ F   11.5 GRAMS

Notes
-----
Recipe Notes:

Batch Notes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might try this one out tomorrow.  I have all these ingredients on hand.  Its a lot of 7c's but I need to get rid of them before they go bad, not worth a freezer bag.  I have a booster laying around too but I think Ill hold off.  This is CAL from a kit I found at Target for $12.  How does it look?

• Like 3

Seems similar to one that I have in primary and I like your hop choice. I used DME instead of LME and did a lower IBU Willamette/Cascade hop combination, but otherwise same proportions. I expect mine to be a pretty classic flavor. I've got a CAL brew scheduled with Wheat LME and Saaz, but I bet it will be very interesting against the dry feel and touch of honey in the malt. I'd like to try something with the Falconer's flight, too. Might have to put this one on the to-do list. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J A said:

Seems similar to one that I have in primary and I like your hop choice. I used DME instead of LME and did a lower IBU Willamette/Cascade hop combination, but otherwise same proportions. I expect mine to be a pretty classic flavor. I've got a CAL brew scheduled with Wheat LME and Saaz, but I bet it will be very interesting against the dry feel and touch of honey in the malt. I'd like to try something with the Falconer's flight, too. Might have to put this one on the to-do list. 

I have a bunch of hops in the house but I have Saaz, 7c's and some Centennial in loose bags in the fridge and they NEED to get used.  Both hops have the words spicy and earthy in them so that was enough to sell me.  Not sure what to do with the 1/2 oz of Centennial left though.  Not really the biggest fan of Centennial. 

• Like 1

I don't know hops very well yet and that's why I keeping things sort of plain-Jane for the first several batches. Someone else will have more experience and a better opinion, but with the smaller amount of Saaz, might it tend to be overpowered by the FF hops? Would an extra half ounce of Sazz at flameout or added in a dry-hop ensure those subtler notes won't be lost in the boil?

1 hour ago, J A said:

I don't know hops very well yet and that's why I keeping things sort of plain-Jane for the first several batches. Someone else will have more experience and a better opinion, but with the smaller amount of Saaz, might it tend to be overpowered by the FF hops? Would an extra half ounce of Sazz at flameout or added in a dry-hop ensure those subtler notes won't be lost in the boil?

Well, when I think of saaz I think of a Pilsner, when I think of 7cs I think IPA so they might not pair up as well as I'm hoping but we'll see. 

I think cutting the 7cs in half would be a wise decision but I'm willing to bet I've lost a little AAU since I first bought them a few months ago. 

Screw it, it was basically a free CAL so I'm just going forward with it

• Like 1

Do it! I bet it'll be a great, very drinkable brew and you'll get a chance to see exactly what those hops will do together. I'm doing a copper ale using up an extra CAl with Willammette and Chinook today and that's sort of the same situation. They should work well together, but I don't really know exactly what quantities and timing will bring out the best in both, especially given that I'm not sure what sort of hops are used in the CAL extract. It'll work out, though. :)