Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
MurphMan

Proper reading on temperature strip

Quick easy question. My temp strip on one of my 2 LBKs is highlighted on 68 and 72. Does that mean it is 72 as the highest highlighted temp? Or is it somewhere in the middle of that range. Sorry for the simple question.

image.jpeg

In the middle, but keep in mind these are not terribly accurate.  If it starts to climb you need to cool it down.

2 hours ago, RickBeer said:

In the middle, but keep in mind these are not terribly accurate.  If it starts to climb you need to cool it down.

Maybe not terribly accurate...but the one that I've got is in close agreement to three different digital thermometers.  

The Mr. Beer temperature strip is much, much better than the cheap ones that I bought at the local pet store.  I'm going to buy some more MrB temperature strips.

Just read it in the middle, like RickBeer says....

Just bought 3 of them myself from Mr beer,will be applying them to both my lbk's next Friday after bottling, for my next two brews

You are near the top end of what most consider the best temperature range. Cool that puppy down if it gets any warmer.

I have been fermenting at 67 degrees..I think I will leave it for a full 3 weeks before bottling .  First brew...thoughts?