Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bonsai & Brew

Munich Malt Monster or Gigantor Quad?

I've got a couple cans of Oktoberfest and looking to make one of these archived higher OG recipes.  Has anyone tried either?

28 minutes ago, cowboykyle said:

haven't had either, but i'd vote for the quad.  Saaz hops and T-58 FTW!

I know this is not nearly as much fun as "Ginger or MaryAnn?", but thanks for giving it some thought cowboy.  

• Like 1

Like the Cowboy, I've never tried either.  My vote would be for the MMM ... now that sounds like a potent brew!

• Like 1

The double Oktoberfest recipe will have to wait just a bit.  I got home from work yesterday and discovered that I was missing key ingredients for both of these :(.  So until the next order from Mr. Beer arrives, I brewed Count Hopsulator instead (Winter Dark Ale + American Porter).  It all worked out fine since one of the last two WDAs that I have been hoarding has a best-before date of Feb/2016.  I figured out of respect for WDA, the least I could do is brew it before it 'expires.'  Cheers!

• Like 1

Ready to go with the Munich Malt Monster.  Any suggestions for grains in addition to the perfunctory carapils?

2 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Ready to go with the Munich Malt Monster.  Any suggestions for grains in addition to the perfunctory carapils?

Munich.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:38 AM, Bonsai & Brew said:

yeah, munich, and Vienna malt

• Like 2

i am on my second batch of Munich.....it is delicious!!!!! it definitely has a great malty character and i added some cascade hops to flavor it. i think it is my new go to brew!

• Like 1

the 5 gal Octoberfest i'm brewing to be kegged for next October, I have caramunich, and Vienna, plus this time out of curiosity I added aromatic malt to it. I think it's better than last years batch

• Like 2