Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
GBbrewer

thanks to this forum new LBK brewer

it tasted really good!!!!! it smelled good through the vents the whole fermenting time.....came out as a perfect flat beer with no hints of flavor other than beer. i did condition them for 3 weeks vs 2 and let each bottle sit in the fridge for a day before cracking. fantastic beer. 

• Like 2

That trail mix looks good, too.

But I would like to point out the fact that your beer is disguised as a Budweiser. I honestly don't know how I feel about that... :blink:

• Like 8

it was Mr Beer Classic Light....i should have turned the glass around....but i thought the labeling helped to show the fantastic color!

• Like 2

That has a decent head for the Classic American Light. Great job! :D

• Like 1

Just now, MRB Josh R said:

That has a decent head for the Classic American Light. Great job! :D

Thanks!!! i was very proud of the result being my first batch ever. the Chex mix was homemade by my girlfriend and every bottle had a great head to be honest. 

• Like 2

There is no way I would denigrate a homebrew by putting it in a Budweiser glass.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gophers6 said:

There is no way I would denigrate a homebrew by putting it in a Budweiser glass.

i will never let it happen again :)

my profile pic is the second batch i did that i hopped myself from reading these forums...it turned out VERY good!

Looking good!! I'm about to chill a couple from my first run...I'll be happy if it looks that perfect in the glass!;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J A said:

Looking good!! I'm about to chill a couple from my first run...I'll be happy if it looks that perfect in the glass!;)

good luck and hope it is awesome!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian N. said:

Congratulations - the beer only gets better! 

i am learning for sure. gonna brew up another batch come payday!

Very nice looking glass of beer. I will put my first ever bottles in the fridge next Tuesday for a few days to chill. Hopefully it will turn out as good as yours. This seven week wait is almost finished!!!

• Like 3

Most excellent!

And don't let the "snobs" throw down on you...a Bud glass is a beautiful thing!!! lol...

• Like 1

Actually, I think it is pretty funny to put a homebrew in a Bud glass. They don't want people to make craft beer, so you show 'em up by displaying a tasty brew in their glass.

• Like 3

Budweiser promites home brewing here in St. Louis. Every year in early December the brewery has a function called the great American hop giveaway. This past December I got about 3 lbs of Cascade whole flower hops that I have been using in various recipes.  Here's one of the bags of hops that I got.

image.thumb.jpeg.891add0ff98cbc93c1f4aa8

• Like 4

1 hour ago, scouterbill said:

Budweiser promites home brewing here in St. Louis. Every year in early December the brewery has a function called the great American hop giveaway. This past December I got about 3 lbs of Cascade whole flower hops that I have been using in various recipes.  Here's one of the bags of hops that I got.

That sounds great, I need to get some more info on that.

• Like 1

@TonyKZ1  It's usually the first Saturday in December at the Bier garden. Every year they have a different hop variety. Home brewers show up with whatever bags or containers to take the hops home in. A lot of the home brewers bring some of their beer to share and get feedback on. I brought my 'mid-winter porter' that seemed to be well received. I ended up taking home 1/2 dozen of those 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bags full of Cascade hops. It's put on by the AB employees home brew club. There are a good number of home brewers who show up including most of the 'St. Louis Brews' home brew club. It's a good time. We should plan on meeting at this years event.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MrWhy said:

Most excellent!

And don't let the "snobs" throw down on you...a Bud glass is a beautiful thing!!! lol...

hahaha! yeah i was feeling a little embarrased there for a moment.....kinda like ordering ford rings for a chevy piston. it is all good!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scouterbill said:

image.thumb.jpeg.891add0ff98cbc93c1f4aa8

15 minutes ago, KCullison86 said:

Congrats on your first batch of beer.

Thanks!!!! i love this new hobby! much easier than busting my old knuckles building hot rods! i mean i still love that but brewing beer is awesome!

• Like 1

On February 20, 2016 at 3:39 PM, scouterbill said:

@TonyKZ1  It's usually the first Saturday in December at the Bier garden. Every year they have a different hop variety. Home brewers show up with whatever bags or containers to take the hops home in. A lot of the home brewers bring some of their beer to share and get feedback on. I brought my 'mid-winter porter' that seemed to be well received. I ended up taking home 1/2 dozen of those 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bags full of Cascade hops. It's put on by the AB employees home brew club. There are a good number of home brewers who show up including most of the 'St. Louis Brews' home brew club. It's a good time. We should plan on meeting at this years event.

That sounds great and thanks for telling me about it. I'll put in on my Calendar as I'll probably forget it by then. Is there an email list or something that I need to subscribe to, to be notified or invited of that and or future events?

On 2/21/2016 at 5:00 PM, GBbrewer said:

hahaha! yeah i was feeling a little embarrased there for a moment.....kinda like ordering ford rings for a chevy piston. it is all good!

Well we can all agree that Ford and Chevy are both vehicles. But we can't all agree that Budweiser is beer. lol :lol:

Yeah, I'm a beer snob, and proud of it, too. lol B)

• Like 2