Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hoppytobrew

My First Bottle

Nice label.  What did you use?  

Good luck on the conditioning, I get my first crack at my Canadian Blonde tomorrow (after 3 days in the fridge).  I put a bottle in at weeks 2, 3 and 4 to taste the difference in conditioning time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DeanoG said:

Good luck on the conditioning, I get my first crack at my Canadian Blonde tomorrow (after 3 days in the fridge).  I put a bottle in at weeks 2, 3 and 4 to taste the difference in conditioning time.

Give us a report on how each one tastes and compare to each one.

1 hour ago, DeanoG said:

I just made the label in a Microsoft Word document.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoppytobrew said:

I just made the label in a Microsoft Word document.

Okay....I am feeling stupid but....how is it sticking to the bottle....

1 hour ago, MrWhy said:

Okay....I am feeling stupid but....how is it sticking to the bottle....

I wanted something that would come off easily after the bottles are empty so I used  pieces of pre-gummed laminating sheets cut a 1/4 of an inch on each side larger than the labels. That way the only gummy part that is actually touching the bottles is the 1/4 of an inch that overlaps the paper. With Microsoft Word you can design  any kind of label you like and make it as professional looking as you wish. Next I plan on making a small label for the necks of the bottles.

• Like 2

Very nice,trying to get the wife to make me some,she keeps saying your just gonna rip them off anyway, she just don't get it,..... prolly end up with blue painters tape lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bighead beer said:

Very nice,trying to get the wife to make me some,she keeps saying your just gonna rip them off anyway, she just don't get it,..... prolly end up with blue painters tape lol

Oh well, it's what's inside the bottle that matters in the end any way, and once you drink it (or maybe several) you'll not care if it's labeled or not. If you name your next brew after her, perhaps  she'll make you some labels for it (Just don't name it something like, "The Witches Brew" and tell her it's named after her or you may be wearing that beer, bottle and all).

• Like 1

In the summer when the back to school sales kick in you can stock up on glue sticks for $.25 per stick in packages of 2 or 4.  I think I might use 3 a year?

3 hours ago, RickBeer said:

In the summer when the back to school sales kick in you can stock up on glue sticks for $.25 per stick in packages of 2 or 4.  I think I might use 3 a year?

I came up with a neck label for my bottles and I tried your milk trick and it worked great! Thanks for the tips.

I invented milk tricks...   :blink:   I have never tried it myself, figured glue sticks were cheaper.

• Like 1

FWIW, I had used the milk idea for many years,but I found that on many occasions,when I took the beer out of the case,the label fell off,so my lovely wife suggested that I use glue stix.They work well and they come off the bottle with hot water.Works well for me.