Mr.Beer Community

My American light beer is almost done fermenting(checking again in 3 days). I want to make something similar to Bud Light with lime, becasue many people I know love Bud Light with lime.

How can I do this without ruining the beer, and make it taste most like Bud light with lime?

Thanks B)

I dont think just adding a lime will give me the desired taste, does anyone know the Bud light with lime recipe? :huh:

1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

I dont think just adding a lime will give me the desired taste, does anyone know the Bud light with lime recipe? :huh:

Adding lime juice at bottling will give you the desired taste. Also, try grating some of the zest of a lime and add it to your hot water with the malt extract.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

Adding lime juice at bottling will give you the desired taste. Also, try grating some of the zest of a lime and add it to your hot water with the malt extract.

How much lime juice would you add?

I made a lime beer once with a pretty good amount of lime flavor. I added the zest and juice of 2 limes to the hot water right before I dumped the malt in.

Adding the juice after primary fermentation would give you a bit more flavor. But I got plenty of flavor my way, without the sanitation risk of opening the keg to add juice later. And I try to make bottling day as simple as possible, so I am not a fan of adding extra steps.

I just noticed you already have the beer mostly done fermenting. If you want to add the zest now you could, just toss them in boiled water to sanitize. Make sure to chill the water before adding to the keg though.

I made the Aztec  (oops sorry) Canadian Blonde with zest and juice of 2 limes in fermenter. (Added to boil to sterilize) Came out fine.

The recipe on MR Beer site called Beach Blonde Babe uses lime. I dont know if it tastes like Bud Light Lime though as its currently in my LBK. Ill let you know. 

I think that is what I made.  Yeah it was, sorry I was mistaken about it being Aztek it was Canadian Blonde. I have not tried Bud Light Lime so I cant tell you but it was oretty light tasting and enough lime. But you need to let it go a couple months to get good like most of these.