Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hoppytobrew

My New Problem

Well, I now have a new problem! I would love to do a side by side taste test of all my different brews, however, I am acquiring so many different brews that I can't do it without opening too many beers that would then have to be either finished off or go to waste. I guess I'll just have to wait until next Christmas when my kids will be home and we can open one of each and pour a couple of ounces of each in jiggers and all compare them together. That way there will not be any waste nor will I get too bombed to remember the taste comparison. Any suggestions? 

• Like 2

drink em all!!!!! goooooooooo! i live in Wisconsin......we drink beer for breakfast

• Like 3

people up here can drink a case a night........that's why i am buying more LBK's to ramp up production

Just now, RickBeer said:

That's an alcoholic.

No, alcoholics go to meetings

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hoppytobrew said:

Well, I now have a new problem! I would love to do a side by side taste test of all my different brews, however, I am acquiring so many different brews that I can't do it without opening too many beers that would then have to be either finished off or go to waste. I guess I'll just have to wait until next Christmas when my kids will be home and we can open one of each and pour a couple of ounces of each in jiggers and all compare them together. That way there will not be any waste nor will I get too bombed to remember the taste comparison. Any suggestions? 

PET bottles will be fine a day after opening, maybe two.

1 hour ago, GBbrewer said:

we are not alchoholics....we are professionals

Clearly Rick has never been to Wisconsin. We drink. We work, and drink. If we could drink at work then, then we'd all be in trouble. Think of us all as Irishmen. Just less mean

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Clearly Rick has never been to Wisconsin. We drink. We work, and drink. If we could drink at work then, then we'd all be in trouble. Think of us all as Irishmen. Just less mean

No, if you could drink at work you'd be MRB Tim.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hoppytobrew said:

Any suggestions? 

You gotta get more friends who like beer! :D

I think if I needed to open a dozen beers all at once, I could probably round up enough crazy neighbors to help polish them off. Have a party. Or better...take a bunch of samples to somebody else's party.

Seriously, though, I've been sampling and re-capping 12 oz glass bottles and you could probably get by doing that with whatever bottles you think you might finish of in a week or so. Maybe a half-dozen or so on a weekend night so that you could get a good pour of each, reseal and hit 'em throughout the week. I think you'd be good for several days with most beers. Worst thing that might happen is some would be a little flat by the time you get to 'em.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MRB Tim said:

It sounds like smaller bottles might be a solution. If you're using the 740 ml bottles that come with a lot of the kits, that's kind of a lot of beer for one sitting, You can see the bottle options we offer here: http://www.mrbeer.com/accessories/beer-bottles-and-bottling,

I use 12 oz longnecks and I have six different brews I would like to compare. I have always limited myself to two beer an evening so opening six longnecks and drinking them in one evening is the problem. I'm in the medical field and could get called in anytime, so becoming drunk is not an option. 

• Like 1

Sounds like 4 oz pours from each and re-cap them. They may flatten a little, but they'll re-settle in the fridge and you'll polish them off over the next few days. Problem solved! :D

• Like 1