Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnthonyC

Perforated Can?

Oddest thing I've ever seen.  Tried to pulled the can of Diablo out of the box and it was stuck.  Finally tore it from the cardboard shipping box and noticed that some of the HME has leaked out of the bottom of the can.  Washed the dried HME off and noticed that there was a small perforation on the bottom of the can.  I have never seen this happen before!  The can is not swollen; I don't think it could swell.  Question is do I use it or toss it?  FYI-expiration date is June 2017.  

Trying to upload a picture from my phone, but I keep getting an error message.

Well, that's not good at all.  Sorry to hear about it.  If it were me, I'd contact customer service on Monday about getting that can replaced.

I bought two cans of Diablo during the recent sale and they were both fine.  Maybe I'd better check again, just to be sure.

21 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

Stupid thing keeps saying that there's an error!

Not going lie - really have been hoping to see a photo of this.....

You've got people like me waiting for you to get this sorted and post the pic!

I was able to send the pic to Mr. Beer's Customer Service via email.  No one is really sure how it happened.  As per Mr. B's return policy my 5 days are up (ordered on 1/22).  Guess I have to stop Beer Squirreling and use those cans as fast as they come in . 

Lesson is to always thoroughly inspect ALL packages from ANY COMPANY right away.  Their window on claiming from UPS or FedEx or USPS is limited.

49 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Lesson is to always thoroughly inspect ALL packages from ANY COMPANY right away.  Their window on claiming from UPS or FedEx or USPS is limited.

Lesson learned.  At least it was only a $21 loss. 

9 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

I was able to send the pic to Mr. Beer's Customer Service via email.  No one is really sure how it happened.  As per Mr. B's return policy my 5 days are up (ordered on 1/22).  Guess I have to stop Beer Squirreling and use those cans as fast as they come in . 

WHAT! DO THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE????

DID YOU TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY #3 ON THE POPULAR CONTRIBUTOR LIST????? 

Haha...  now you sound like Hoppy!  They did good by me.  In the end they gave me a $7.99 credit (free shipping) on my next order.  I'm satisfied. 

• Like 1

Good thing. I did not want to have to throw my own weight around. Apparently I am number five on this list....(and sinking fast....so if you need me....ask now before I disappear!)

• Like 2

i'm in the Midwest, you're in new York? just meet me in lets say Chicago, at Ralph's pub at 8 pm tomorrow! no just kidding, but if we trade out by shipment, I would do that

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrWhy said:

Good thing. I did not want to have to throw my own weight around. Apparently I am number five on this list....(and sinking fast....so if you need me....ask now before I disappear!)

My gut feeling is that they won't be overly-intimidated by Wicket the Ewok!  ;)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

i'm in the Midwest, you're in new York? just meet me in lets say Chicago, at Ralph's pub at 8 pm tomorrow! no just kidding, but if we trade out by shipment, I would do that

Thanks for the offer, Hoppy.  When I made that order it was for 3 of the Chewbeerca recipes, so I'm pretty good for now.  Since I'm down one can of Diablo, I'll either buy another one when the time comes, or just use the hops & LME's in another recipe... perhaps that Bavarian that you turned me onto! 

4 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

My gut feeling is that they won't be overly-intimidated by Wicket the Ewok!  ;)

Neither was the Empire....but look what the Ewoks did to them on Endor!

(Star Wars geek humor...)

• Like 1

We are missing the critical issue here. What beer would Vader pair with Ewoks???

It will have to be something with Force.... - I can't see him drinking Coors.

7 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Vader drinks dark beers...

Imperial Stouts.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nickfixit said:

We are missing the critical issue here. What beer would Vader pair with Ewoks???

It will have to be something with Force.... - I can't see him drinking Coors.

I heard that he's on the wagon these days, and is only drinking Vaderade.  Ba-dum-dum!

• Like 2

OMG! I would comment on this, but I really dnt think I need to, besides i'm late for work goodnight all!

• Like 1