Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
BeerMizer

First Batch Bottled

Well I now have 11 3/4 bottles of Oktoberfest Lager sitting happily in my closet. First time bottling, no problems other than....I have to wait 4 weeks....I will not open for 4 weeks, I will not open for 4 weeks.....I will not

• Like 8

Congratulations!!!!!

Trust me; trust the forum - you will gain nothing by opening early except perhaps learning that opening early gives you nothing!

Wait the four weeks. Put one, maybe two in the fridge for a few days...then try. Patience is a virtue!

Of course this is exactly what I was told by RickBeer and others...and of course I did not listen and opened early...only to learn that really I should have listened and waited the full four weeks.

For what it is worth, for the most part I am giving my beers six weeks now to condition and happy to do so. I'd rather give what I brewed every chance to be good/great rather than going early.

• Like 3

Nice going!  4wks will fly by...

NAH!  Who am I kidding!!!???  It's gonna drag on as if time is standing still!!!

• Like 2

I opened my first brew exactly 4weeks , 3dys in the fridge, it was the the cal I'm currently drinking now , glad I waited!, all my other beers will be at least 5 to 6 weeks, a.l. is ready now but gonna like I said give it one more week then 3days chilling

Great! Let them condition the full four weeks or more. One thing to remember- The beer will not be a true lager, but it will be good if you followed good procedure.

Hey I only have 3 weeks 6 days 3 hours...................i will not open....i will not open

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeerMizer said:

Hey I only have 3 weeks 6 days 3 hours...................i will not open....i will not open

Here is what you do.....order another keg and a nice partial mash recipe. That will keep you occupied while you wait.

Another project - do you have a nice supply of glass bottles yet? No? It is time to start. Get a twelve pack of something...search for some 22oz ers......

These are the dark weeks. You have to keep busy.

We are all here for you during this time.

• Like 2

Ha Ha, thanks Mr Why...I have two more fermenting, will be bottling again Thursday which mean I will have 2 LBK empty soooooo......gonna grab the Wild Wheat and then something dark, not sure what exactly though.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BeerMizer said:

Ha Ha, thanks Mr Why...I have two more fermenting, will be bottling again Thursday which mean I will have 2 LBK empty soooooo......gonna grab the Wild Wheat and then something dark, not sure what exactly though.

Angry Bovine Stout.

18 hours ago, BeerMizer said:

Well I now have 11 3/4 bottles of Oktoberfest Lager sitting happily in my closet. First time bottling, no problems other than....I have to wait 4 weeks....I will not open for 4 weeks, I will not open for 4 weeks.....I will not

I went to the store and bought some just to keep me from opening mine before the 4 week mark. The 17th (which is St. Patrick's Day) will be 4 weeks so I can celebrate St. Patrick's Day properly!

• Like 2