Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aceofpyro

Trying to Calculate my ABV%

Hello. This is my 5th batch with Mr Beer and I'm trying to Calculate what my ABV % will be for some custom labels I'm making. So here is my ingredients.

1 can of  Classic American Light.

1 can of Aztec Mexican Cerveza.

1 bag BrewMax LME SoftPack - Robust.

1 bag of Booster

1 Safbrew T-58 Dry Ale Yeast

1 once of Liberty Pellet Hops

1/2 cup of honey

1/2 cup of agave nectar

and 1 1/2 yeast packets provided with the brewing extract

2 gallons of water

Go to www,screwybrewer.com and download QBrew. He has a database also that has the Mr. Beer refills plus instructions on how to enter things.

That looks very mad scientist.  Have to ask, why 1.5 yeast packets? Who told you that?

That is over 9%. Plan on 3 or more months conditioning...

• Like 3

No offense, but that sounds like kind of a mess. If you put all that into 2 gallons, you'll get over 1.100 O.G. with a 10% ABV according to my Brewer's Friend calculator. That's assuming 75% attenuation from the yeast. If all that yeast gets busy and you get better attenuation, you could be at 11% ABV.

And please don't take this the wrong way, but if I were you, I'd put time into figuring out the brewing process rather than worrying about making custom labels. :)

Good luck with it...

• Like 2

I've tried to download the QBrew file, but my malware program says there's a virus and auto deletes it. just thought it would be a nice addition to help me on pre brew calculations

so I just do the O.G, and F.G. readings, subtract them out and multiply the total by 131.25 according to the AIH calculations

• Like 1