Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stroomer420

powerful patriot ale

i did the powerful patriot ale just like the recipe calls and i loved it,loved it so much its all gone,,def wanna do again,, what grains could i steep with this one ,,liked it just the way it was just wanna bring it up a notch....Thanx!!!

• Like 1

Depends on what you mean by "bring it up a notch" ... if you want to improve the mouthfeel of the beer with minimal impact the original flavor/color/balance/aroma, then steep some carapils. If you want to make a tweak to the recipe, you'd need to provide some more detail on what you're looking for.

If you just want more ABV (sigh) then by all means chuck some booster packets in there but don't be surprised with the result. I think you'd be better served doing a shot of vodka and sticking with the original recipe in that case.

• Like 2

No need to raise the abv in this one,so i think you answered my question ty.I liked the way it tasted.How much carapils would be used 2-4 ounces?

try 2 oz for the 2 gal. recipe. when I brew 5gal. I use 4 oz. and it's plenty, but I mainly use it for the foaming effect

• Like 1

ty hoppy,,, I think that'll make that recipe perfect...most of my friends say they like the brews but they seem a little thin to them... Me personally I liked em all but that's cause I made em... They're like my ugly children,all beautiful to me.. Lol ?

• Like 1

I understand, I like all my beer, and if just half my friends had any idea what u have to go through sometimes to produce a good beer, they would appreciate it more, but they don't care, and still complain. I fixed that issue, they dn't get any more beer from me! LOL!, that's more for me! yeah and when I look in the mirror every morning I say to my self "Ryan Reynolds, u ain't got nothing!" then mirror shatters!

• Like 3

after looking at the Mr. Beer grain selection, I bet adding honey malt would be a nice addition, but that stuff puts out a powerful flavor, I used 2 oz on a 2 gallon wild wheat recipe, and it was pretty  good, but maybe 1 oz would have been better to allow the wiessbier/CAL flavor to stand out more.

• Like 1

that one i really liked as is,,,, i think i'll stick with the 2oz of carapils....,, a little more body and head retention and i think that ones a home run keeper:D

• Like 1

I wanna try em all!!!..gonna be cracking open the shamelessly oatmeal chocolate vanilla stout after work today,, ? ?

• Like 1