Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nathan08

International Shipping

Question for the international buyers, especially for the Canucks on Mr. Beer (or anyone really).  I live in Nova Scotia, but have a store near by that sells Mr. Beer supplies (basic refills and some supplies, LBKs, bottles, stuff like that).  I am not sure what they sell for hops, LMEs and DMEs, so I thought I would check on the Mr Beer site. I was interested in brewing Horse's Ass, but my store only has basic refills (as mentioned).  No worries, I thought.  I can get the Classic American Light refill at my local store, I just need the  Cascade Pellet Hops and the Muslin Hops Sack, both of which cost about $2.50US on the Mr. Beer site (or 3 and some change in Canuck dollars... or three loonies if you will).  Then I got to shipping... 33USD for 3 bucks worth of Hops and a sack.  I imagine that they must have a flat rate for international shipping.  Is this the case?  Anyone on here know?  Is there a way around it? :P  If not, any suggestions for someone who has never bought hops before?  Is it possible to buy these specific hops through other brewing stores or does it have to come directly from Mr. Beer?  I have never purchased hops before so this is new territory for me.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Like any shipping from US to Canada, I've found its best to find a Canadian supplier or source as shipping and duty fees are usually outrageous.  I mostly use Amazon, but I wouldn't think they sell any hops.

• Like 1

I did some research on the internet and found 4 home brew supplies stores in Nova Scotia, maybe that'll help knock down the shipping cost for you

• Like 1

Just now, Chuck N ™ said:

But you have free medical.-_-

paid over $40000 in income tax for my "free medical" last year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chuck N ™ said:

But you have free medical.-_-

After taxes of course :p.  Though I do enjoy the price in case of emergencies and whatnot.  My wife gave birth to two kids in hospital and had a private room.  My bill that my tax dollar and coverage didn't cover: 15$.  But, wait times if you don't have a family doc (which we are lucky to have in our rural area) can be long.  But I am off topic.  Thanks for the advice guys! I am going to check the Mr. Beer outlet in town and then a second brew store down the line.

Thats a horrible tax bill but you also have free satellite.

You could always make a road trip.