Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ga Ced

HME expiration dates

So, I finally decided to start back brewing after I found Mr Beer refills on sale at a kitchen Collection store. It wasn't until we got home that I noticed the expiration dates had been expired by 6 months. Have any of you guys used expired HME? If so, how was the outcome? 

One refill was the Irish stout in which I ordered the extra ingredients to make the Angry Bovine, which is fermenting now. The other recipe ( Bavarian W.)I haven't brewed yet. Any ideas fellow brewer's

16 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Posted earlier today...

Fine to use.

Rick, do you ever see the light of day or do you wake up and fall asleep at your computer? Alt + tab-ing between the forum and your spreadsheet of every question every member has ever asked with date and time. Oh and a completely separate monitor with Google ready to find bizzare pics and your fingers lingering over the Ctrl + V keys ready to paste "read my signatures" at any given moment? Just trying to get a glimpse of what retirement is really like

if its as old as this best by date 2008, and bulging on the bottom, and the yeast under the can is rock solid along with the booster. then I wouldn't use it.......................................gallery_65635_40_1137462.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

if its as old as this best by date 2008, and bulging on the bottom, and the yeast under the can is rock solid along with the booster. then I wouldn't use it.......................................gallery_65635_40_1137462.jpg

Ha this was the first I ever brewed like 7 years ago... Tasted horrible, it was 2 years expired but it was free and I was 17 ?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RickBeer said:

Not retired. Omniscient 

Rick views the world using omniscient third person point of view!...  but he knew I was going to say that before I even knew that I was going to say that! 

ok seriously, I have two patriot lagers, for the new comers, its called American lager now. with the influence of the ever so awesumuss! Mr. 3 liter King Guru of beer glasses! he recommended the  powerful patriot lager! so what I will add in addition another patriot lager. these cans " best by date" march 2014, they'' probably be a little more sweeter and darker with age.

• Like 1

man if I had one of those glasses i'd get so drunk, then somewhere along the path of stupidity I would think it was a bong

• Like 1