Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

Building a Temperature Controller

I did two things different.

1) Put in 4 outlets, not 2.  One is cool, one is hot, and 2 are ON always.

2) Put lights in so that when the cool or hot is on, there is a light by the outlet indicating that.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:24 PM, RickBeer said:

One is cool, one is hot, and 2 are ON always.

Rick,

I too wired an always-on outlet because I originally wanted to have a fan continuously circulating air in the freezer, but then I did not like how the fan was letting out some heat from the motor so I scraped that idea.   Just curious, is your always-on outlet there to run a fan continuously?

No, just for the issue of having an outlet since you're plugging in and taking one up.  Mine has a maybe 10 foot cord, so I have the outlets by the freezer to use for whatever.

I like this post and the link shows some professional use for the ste controller.

There is no code for working on non commercial or retail controls but the author utilized safety ethics in the construction details.

I am all about NEC and UL equipment. When constructing home grown electronics systems safety circuits should be implemented as well..

Fused power circuits, Circuit breaker protected motors. We are working with low currents and voltages but when things go wrong the values become high.

This is when people or belongings can get damaged.

Working with power circuits think safe. most of us have the common sense. Insulating power circuits or placing terminal strips in an enclosure might save Barly the Brew Pup as well.

Best, M

I bought the inkbird myself,great price, and turned my chest freezer info fermenter/ keggerator

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bighead beer said:

Chest freezer I got for free off Craigslist 

Nice find, sir!

On 7/27/2016 at 4:06 PM, bocklover said:

I had found a similar write up and built the same thing, thats what is running my fermenting fridge now. With temps in 100's here I had to do something to continue to brew.

I finally got mine put together today.  Now I, too, can get back to brewing.  You can see the temp in my lower level where I ferment in the winter.  It is just too warm in the summer.  I can finally use that fridge in the garage!

Temp%20controller_zps3erl2th8.jpg

I didn't see this thread, but I did build/wire mine the same way using a video on utoob as a guide.

• Like 1