Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neverbrewedadarnthing

Has Mr. Beer ever considered...jpegs?

I looked around on the Mr. Beer website and here. Tried to do a search. Trust me, you do not want to search "JPEG". Maybe this has been asked and answered, maybe I am missing them somewhere.

Has Mr. Beer ever considered making images of their labels available to we users? As an example, in the image below, the devil, cauldron, and the banner/wings with the name. Those of us who like making labels could use them. It'd be a heck of a lot easier than downloading the pic and cropping all the extraneous stuff out.

60975-diablo-ipa-mr-beer-refill-cut.jpg 

I suspect this will be your answer when they get to work in Arizona:

"Mr. Beer owns the artwork and images on our cans.  While we encourage our customers to make labels for their bottles, the artwork on our site is ours and cannot and should not be copied in any manner for labels, or any other purpose."

27 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

"Mr. Beer owns the artwork and images on our cans.  While we encourage our customers to make labels for their bottles, the artwork on our site is ours and cannot and should not be copied in any manner for labels, or any other purpose."

I suspect the same thing, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Using the artwork to label bottles that contain the beer on the label for your own use at home where no money is exchanging hands wouldn't be illegal. Any concerns about Copyright or Trademark infringement would be negated by permission from the Owner. Intellectual property laws generally concern commerce, not the use of that property by others who have paid for its use, such as a book or music.

2 hours ago, RickBeer said:

I can see that even though use could be good advertising at times, if someone puts it on a bad batch, there will be bad advertising and that would not be good even if credit for the artwork and brand is given.

On the other hand it seems a shame as many of us are proud of our results and want to show it off and give credit.

3 hours ago, Neverbrewedadarnthing said:

I looked around on the Mr. Beer website and here. Tried to do a search. Trust me, you do not want to search "JPEG". Maybe this has been asked and answered, maybe I am missing them somewhere.

Has Mr. Beer ever considered making images of their labels available to we users? As an example, in the image below, the devil, cauldron, and the banner/wings with the name. Those of us who like making labels could use them. It'd be a heck of a lot easier than downloading the pic and cropping all the extraneous stuff out.

I will pass this along to our marketing and graphics departments.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

I can see that even though use could be good advertising at times, if someone puts it on a bad batch, there will be bad advertising and that would not be good even if credit for the artwork and brand is given.

Good point!

what if you were to alter it in some way, for instance, photoshop Hillary's face and put it on the devils body? you could call it .......wait this is a political joke! I cannot continue! it'll get removed, I could actually lose my popular contributor status!!!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

what if you were to alter it in some way, for instance, photoshop Hillary's face and put it on the devils body? you could call it .......wait this is a political joke! I cannot continue! it'll get removed, I could actually lose my popular contributor status!!!

You mean that's not Hilary? 

• Like 3