Mr.Beer Community
GBear379

How do I read the stick on thermometer

I have the stick on thermometer that you can get from mrb. It's in three degree increments and I'm not sure exactly what my temp is in the lbk. Right now 61 degrees is a very dark purple and can barely be seen,64 degrees is a dark blue and can easily be seen and 68 degrees is a dark yellow. anybody know how to read this to know if I'm running a little cool or about right?

I tend to go with the one in the middle.

Based on your description I call it 64 and think you are doing great!

• Like 1

Thank for the input, I was thinking it was ok but wanted to hear somebody else say it

I use these with my aquariums it's pretty much the middle one is your closest reading...

• Like 2

not that has to do with reading the thermometer but I've read to make the stick on thermometer last longer don't peel of the back sticker instead scotch tape it on your lbk or carboy that way you can remove it when you want and it wont get damaged when you wash your lbks and such ....

• Like 2

Thanks, sounds like a pretty good idea. I've already stuck it on the lbk I have now. I have two more lbk's on the way. I'll just tape the thermometers on those.

I've had the stick on thermometers on my lbk's for 7 years w/o problems.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gophers6 said:

I've had the stick on thermometers on my lbk's for 7 years w/o problems.

Holy smokes! I wouldn't have thought an LBK would even last that long, pretty impressive. Do you use it regularly?

they don't look durable, but they definitely hold up to the challenge! of course if one doesn't pour boiling water in it to clean, etc...

sometimes the adhesive can be old, and not do what its suppose to do, I use a very tiny amount of rubbing alcohol on a rag, not paper towel, and gently rub across the surface, this has helped in the past. and what try not to do is submerse the LBK in water because that can affect the temp strip, I use a paper towel with some of the sanitizer and wipe down the outside, then dry it off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

they don't look durable, but they definitely hold up to the challenge! of course if one doesn't pour boiling water in it to clean, etc...

I miss read the post, thot u were talking about the durability of the LBK

• Like 1