Mr.Beer Community
ytownmetalhead

Favorite IPA Recipe?

Man that's kinda vague...  Do you have a hop preference?  Bitter, hoppy, aromatic..?  Woodsy, piney, citrusy, earthy, flowery?  It's a big hop world out there!!! 

FYI-- The Mr. Beer Sugar on Top IPA was my 1st home brewed IPA and I thought it was fantastic.  Super easy to make and ready to drink in about 5-6wks.  Just a thought.  :) 

• Like 2

My favorite IPA thus far was my Ruby Red IPA w/dried grapefruit peel, and 3oz of Citra Hops in a 2g recipe (60, 20, 10).  Killer grapefruit taste, bitter but not enough to make you pucker, and intense grapefruit aroma.  I used the Northwest Pale Ale as the base and added 2lbs of Pale LME.  

• Like 1

ok. thank you. 

6 minutes ago, AnthonyC said:

My favorite IPA thus far was my Ruby Red IPA w/dried grapefruit peel, and 3oz of Citra Hops in a 2g recipe (60, 20, 10).  Killer grapefruit taste, bitter but not enough to make you pucker, and intense grapefruit aroma.  I used the Northwest Pale Ale as the base and added 2lbs of Pale LME.  

• Like 1

This is an IPA recipe I created and it came out pretty good. Nice color, good earthy-piney hop forward flavor with a decent citrus finish. I plan on brewing this one up again only with less wheat DME. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ytownmetalhead said:

sounds really good

I thought so. Like I said, next time I'm reducing the Wheat addition to 1/2 pound. I thought the finished beer was to hazy for an IPA.