Mr.Beer Community

Thinking ,I got 2 cal,2 cerveza, now if I put them together to make a 4.25 gallon batch , not only will it be a bigger beer it quite possibly would be much better then a plain Cal and a plain aztek cerveza, any and all input would be great, really wanna brew today!, was trying to wait until I got 2 more cans of America lager to make another ppa ,but I wanna brew!!!!!!!

I'm confused.  You're wondering if two of each for a 4.25 gallon batch is better than one of each for a 2.13 gallon batch?

One thing I would point out, is that when you brew multi-can batches, depending on what you bought them for, you've dramatically increased the price of each brew.  Brewing a 5 gallon batch from steeped grains, LME, and hops would run you low $20s to low $30s.  4 cans brewing a 4.26 gallon batch would be ______.

You can see the results of combining those cans using QBrew.  Elementary math shows you that you'll have a 6.2% ABV, as to taste - neither has a lot of flavor but the CAL will serve to flatten out the Aztec quite a bit.

What is your goal?  Why are you suggesting combing them?

Use the CAL as an addition to another recipe (hard cider perhaps).  Brew the Aztec straight up, throw a wedge of lime in there, and enjoy it on Cinco de Mayo!  Combining the 2 sounds unappetizing to me--I'm thinking Bud Light + water... Bleh! 

• Like 1

I was just thinking I could make a better tasting cerveza, abv really got nothing to do with it, just not a big fan of corona style beers,I'll just save the Cal for my next batch of ppa,and brew the cerveza for friends and family

• Like 1

Bighead, why don't you try this... 

Buy one of those 22oz Coronas and a can of Bud Light, combine them, and see how it turns out?  That way you're not wasting your time or money!  Who knows... maybe you're on to something (although I kinda doubt it).  For about four bucks you'll save over $30!  Win-Win!  :)

• Like 1

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww! Bud light and then corona, don't know why I didn't think that, that sounds like a nightmare, mabey the chugaluger like stoomer suggested yesterday

Just now, Bighead beer said:

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww! Bud light and then corona, don't know why I didn't think that, that sounds like a nightmare, mabey the chugaluger like stoomer suggested yesterday

Haha... Yeah I agree with you 100%.  I think you'd be much better going with Stroom's idea.  Good luck!!  :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

Bighead, why don't you try this... 

Buy one of those 22oz Coronas and a can of Bud Light, combine them, and see how it turns out?  That way you're not wasting your time or money!  Who knows... maybe you're on to something (although I kinda doubt it).  For about four bucks you'll save over $30!  Win-Win!  :)

Except CAL tastes nothing like Bud Light, and AMC doesn't taste like Corona.

Those two extracts are actually fairly similiar, and in my opinion could be substituted for each other if you are in a pinch.

15 hours ago, Bighead beer said:

I was just thinking I could make a better tasting cerveza, abv really got nothing to do with it, just not a big fan of corona style beers,I'll just save the Cal for my next batch of ppa,and brew the cerveza for friends and family

A big part of the the distinctive "Corona" flavor is a result of the clear bottles it comes in. It has a "light struck" flavor you can find in other beers that come in clear bottles. Newcastle, for instance tastes light struck.

• Like 1

buy some corn maize or the corn flakes on mr. beer website, and throw in some cluster hops. I've done a couple of cerveza's and seemed to turn out pretty good, according to my fellow Hispanic co workers taste testers

• Like 1

tonight i'm brewing a Dos Equies amber clone, and just want to say, " I'm staying thirsty my friends!"

• Like 2

On 4/9/2016 at 10:54 AM, Bighead beer said:

I started a Chug-a-lugger myself a week ago Friday. It should be a good summer beer. I think the wife will like it also.

• Like 1

John K.  I see the twins logo.  Are you in the twin cities?

• Like 1

You could always put the 2 cans in as a Golden One variant and brew with coriander and T-58.

The Golden One is my daughter's favorite so far, but of course it is not cheap so I ration it..

2 hours ago, WillR said:

John K.  I see the twins logo.  Are you in the twin cities?

Yes. I live about 25 minutes north of Minneapolis and St.Paul.