Mr.Beer Community
JoshR

The Long Play IPA is Now Live!!

wow i'm the first to comment? ok Josh since you probably invented this one too or at least have already brewed it for another office party i'm never invited to, what's your take on how it turned out?

Coopers invented this one. lol. But it is really good. I've already brewed a couple of beers with this, including a rye IPA (PM recipe will be released soon). But even on it's own, it's a great beer. I personally like it more than the Diablo, and that was my favorite refill for the past year.

• Like 3

Do you ever disclose what hops are used in the bittering?  Columbus maybe??? I love me some Columbus. 

Im guessing the Diablo has some centennial in it? Not my favorite hop...

7 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

is there any reason why you aren't including the no-rinse cleaner?

More profit...

• Like 2

now that they have two new craft brews, which older IPA craft brew may be history soon? i'm predicting the Diablo.

Yea, I haven't tried that Diablo IPA yet, guess I need to put another order in and take care of that problem.. ;-)

13 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Do you ever disclose what hops are used in the bittering?  Columbus maybe??? I love me some Columbus. 

Im guessing the Diablo has some centennial in it? Not my favorite hop...

No, this is proprietary information. But regardless, it is a hop oil that really only has bittering properties, so the strain of hop it is from is irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

now that they have two new craft brews, which older IPA craft brew may be history soon? i'm predicting the Diablo.

We have no plans for discontinuing any of the current Craft Series beers.

8 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

It didn't at the time of the post, specifically said it was not included...

You're confusing it with this link, which is the HME without the No-Rinse. You do realize we sell just the HMEs, too, right?

http://www.mrbeer.com/long-play-ipa

I believe someone HAD posted the link to the HME only which is what I clicked on at the time of the post.

Yes, HMEs only have been available for years, come with no sanitizer and used to save money before base refills got booster added, now check prices carefullly.

there's only a dollar difference in price, not to worry much. I thought about getting some, but since its new I have time, still want to get more of that ESB b4 its gone, maybe make a 10 gallon and store it away in a cple of kegs.

What's the expected OG & FG for this beer? I just brewed this about an hour ago and got 1.040 for the OG. Not sure if that's close or not.