Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bubbles

Beer losing carbonatino after refrigerating?

I enjoy a cold beer, so I take one from the cabinet about 1-2 weeks since its been bottled(with carbonation drops), then I stick it in the fridge. And the bottles become soft, the beer loses carbonation, and has NO head. Now I take a same ROOM TEMP bottle from the cabinet, and full carbonation, nice head.... but its not cold! BTW I am using the mr Beer bottles that came with the kit.

Why is this happening, and how do I prevent this?

Thanks

First, you aren't conditioning it long enough.  You need to leave it for 4 weeks, or even longer, at 70 or higher.

Then, you need to leave it in the fridge for 3 days or longer, allowing the CO2 to be fully absorbed by the beer.  

We recommend 3-4.  3 weeks fermenting, then 4 (or more) weeks conditioning at room temp.

• Like 3

Rick's correct, Bubbles. You really should condition for about twice as long, and refrigerate for at least a couple of days to allow Co2 to fully absorb into solution. By the way, isn't in great that the LBK will fit just about anywhere - even in your shed with all those kittens? lol. Just keep Lahey away from it... ;)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Rick's correct, Bubbles. You really should condition for about twice as long, and refrigerate for at least a couple of days to allow Co2 to fully absorb into solution. By the way, isn't in great that the LBK will fit just about anywhere - even in your shed with all those kittens? lol. Just keep Lahey away from it... ;)

Lahey that greasy bastard keeps getting into my beer! As trailer park supervisor, he has a key to my shed.

• Like 3

i went thru this as well, and yup low and behold ,the ones that i let go longer and then left in fridge for at least three days turned out just fine,, but when i was impatient i was having the soft bottle happen as well,, everyone goes thru this especially in the beginning ,, now i got like 20 batches under my belt and about 10 conditioning i dont seem to be having that problem anymore............. the brewing experience just get better and better with time.........

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Stroomer420 said:

everyone goes thru this especially in the beginning

I hope not!

My first batch will have four weeks of conditioning on Friday. As of Friday afternoon a couple bottles will be put in the fridge, for enjoyment Sunday afternoon. The forecast of 70deg. sounds like a good match after a late and irritating winter!

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, Bubbles said:

Lahey that greasy bastard keeps getting into my beer! As trailer park supervisor, he has a key to my shed.

I think Lahey and my mooching buddy needs to partner up!

It is likely the PET bottles or caps,

I started dumpsterizing them as I find flat contaminated beer.